We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale people

Clearfield, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kinsale people

On my last trip in Ireland I noticed that the people of Kinsale is not so friedly and gentle with foreigners. In the other hand I found lovely people in others cities!!! Somebody can tell me why?

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Kinsale people

That's what I like to hear Matty! People who work in book shops who know and love their books make a big difference and shine a light on a sometimes shaded world.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Kinsale people

I paid a return visit to Kinsale yesterday. The experience began well. I parked outside the main car park opposite the hotel. I asked the traffic warden - a cheerful man - how much I should pay and was informed that parking on that stretch is free. Turning the corner, a charming young lady was giving out vouchers for free burgers and hot dogs! No such thing as a free lunch? In Kinsale there is. This was a promotion by Lidl or Aldi. The selection of cheeses, fruit and greens in the market was wonderful. The staff in the Lemon Leaf were the most charming, helpful and friendly you could hope to meet. The Bookstór was sponsoring a type of treasure hunt in the town. There was a constant stream of children to the counter and all were met with good humour and a lollipop. The other book shop did not have the book I was looking for but the gentleman serving was chatty and well informed. Kinsale Arts Week is in full swing so there is a good buzz around the town. The ladies in the tourist office were good fun and helpful as well. A most enjoyable visit and I look forward to many more.And I am pleased that my previous experience was an aberration.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 09:19
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Kinsale people

Well done spiceloft!

And now on this highnote, maybe we can put this silly bit of generalisation to rest.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,971 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Kinsale people

Which town do we start on next??

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
579 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Kinsale people

Spiceloft, your bad experience might not have been an aberration. You've had two experiences. One bad, then one good. You'll have to return a third time to formulate an opinion! What about the possibility that the good day was an aberration?

Go a few times and let us all know.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Kinsale people

"Which town do we start on next??"

Go on, Tony, I dare you ;)

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,510 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Kinsale people

Effin :o))

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Kinsale people

I did a brief tour of two of Irelands tidiest towns (villages) last weekend and was amazed at the high standards of cleanliness and community organisation:

Moynalty, Co. Meath is a quiet picture postcard village with absolutely everything in its place, including beautiful flowers making it a high contender in this years Tidy Towns competition. The only downside for us was that there are no cafe's or places to rest and hardly anyone about to talk to.

Tallanstown, Co. Louth were last years winners of the Tidy Towns competition and just by chance there was a fairday fundraiser for the local tidy towns organisation, probably not the best day to see Irelands tidiest town (village) and spent a couple of hours walking around and chatting to the locals all of whom were most friendly.

Driving home and through Cootehill, Co. Cavan, sad to say not a single flower basket , weeds growing from the gutters and litter on the street. I felt quite ashamed!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,971 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Kinsale people

Be very careful on that score. I have tablets for my aberration, but have no conscience.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Kinsale people

Going to Cootehill tomorrow Cavan. I'll check them out. This power is going to my head! By the way, if the Kinsale People thread is to be terminated, I suggest it is done at one minute past four in the afternoon.

Get answers to your questions about Kinsale
Recent Conversations