We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale summer weekends

New Jersey
Level Contributor
220 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Kinsale summer weekends

Planning an itinerary for July 2013 which now takes us through Kinsale (after many revisions and re-revisions!).

The best course with least driving put us in Kinsale on a Saturday - Monday evening. I've read that Kinsale is very crowded on summer weekends... I would just like more insight into this.

As an American living on the East Coast, I have travelled frequently for a long weekend in places like Newport, RI, Cape May NJ, and Bar Harbor, ME. All would be considered "crowded" on summer weekends... but to me, not in an unenjoyable way if that makes sense. I like the energy and liveliness of these places. I understand that all/most lodgings will be booked, parking may be tight, and there may be a little traffic. I also understand that it could be a more enjoyable place when less crowded... But is it truly "gridlock" as I've read elsewhere?

Our alternative would be Killarney for the weekend, which coincides with the RoK bike race. I'm thinking Killarney would be just as crowded (if not more so) than Kinsale, so it's a wash?

Looking for feedback, particularly from travelers who can compare it to the summer resorts in the US that I am more familiar with.

thanks in advance!

11. Re: Kinsale summer weekends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale
Recent Conversations