We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kinsale cork bus

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
kinsale cork bus

I'm arriving in cobh on a cruise, I think I want to visit Kinsale, I will take the train to Cork, the bus to Kinsale and back to Cork-Cobh to make the cruise by 17:00 to catch the ship. My questions are: are the buses trains reliable enough to do this and have a good time, our should I stay around Cork- Cobh.? I am looking for more of a small town experiance and a good pub by the sea.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kinsale cork bus

check out buseireann.ie. Trains and buses are fairly reliable. Not sure how long it will take to kinsale by bus or how many stops it makes along the way. Train should be 15mins. Check out irishrail.ie

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kinsale cork bus

Bus takes a bit less than 1 hour Cork-Kinsale. The tricky part will be the connections with the train, and the time spent to backtrack til Cobh for 17:00.

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kinsale cork bus

Quite honestly, the bus service between Cork and Kinsale isn't great. What I mean by that is that there isn't really enough of them. What time of year are you visiting as some of the times, I think, change for the winter. It'd be cost you a lot in a taxi if the schedule had changed and you missed your bus.

When you go to the bus website and do the search, make sure the Cork bit is "Cork (Parnell Place Bus Station)" as the drop down gives you loads of choices.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kinsale cork bus

I am coming next June, Lord willing. Looks like we 'll be coming in the morning and only staying a few hours to catch the 12:45 bus back .The 15:35 is cutting it to close. What time do the shops open? Is there a good pub with a patio and sea view. what about a coffee shop or a good bakery? thanks

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kinsale cork bus

Yeah, there are plenty and, knowing this place, there will be new ones which will have appeared between now and next June. Who knows, we may even have extra buses by then too!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kinsale cork bus

A warning on the buses... we caught the 11.45 out of Cork to Kinsale on Saturday and (1) there were too many people and not everyone could fit on it (which also resulted in a mad and unpleasant crush to board) and (2) it was 1/2 hour late leaving. The bus back was better though left about 15 mins late. So not ideal if you have tight timings.

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kinsale cork bus

If there are too many for the scheduled bus, they will put on an extra one to get everyone sorted. Of course, it means that the times are all askew as what happened to you.

8. Re: kinsale cork bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale
Recent Conversations