We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clifden eating

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Clifden eating

Going to be in Clifden for two nights. Trying to decide on two nights dinner, one casual and fun, one fancier and romantic. Any thoughts would be great to ehlp me narrow down...

Casual ideas:

O'Grady's, Mitchell' s or Mannion's

Fancy ideas:

Renvyle House, Bllynahinch or Ardagh

Thanks!!

Oranmore, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Clifden eating

I've eaten in both this summer and have to admit Mitchells would be my favourite. Food and service in my opinion is much better in Mitchells and also the decor is nicer. I would have no problem recommending it.

Galway, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Clifden eating

Hi there,

- Would not recommend either off the Square or Mitchells

Mitchells:

Over priced, tiny portions, kinda cramped dining room, and then they rush you out the door when you’re finished. Be prepared to pay around E27 for your main course, and then its extra if you want veg / potato etc.

Off the Square: It’s a lovely restaurant, but the staff are very rude. I think they may even have a "you must be rude to work here" policy in place, and the food can be very hit & miss.

I would recommend the Derryclare Restaurant. It boasts an excellent all round menu, and its fairly reasonable, the service is quite good also.

Abbeyglen:

This is a very nice place to dine, and they know how to treat there customers. You'll not be dissapointed here

13. Re: Clifden eating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 08:22