We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

Hello everyone. I put this in the "Clifden" forum because it's the "closest" to what I'm inquiring about....there isn't an Omey Island....or next closest "Cladaghduff" forum.

I'm trying to find a cottage rental web link that may have a cottage listing on Omey Island. I've already tried shamrockcottages + irelandholidayhomes. And I've tried googling Omey to find something. Are there any other webs (that may be over there but not showing up on a search) that do this???

I found a cottage but the rental place will only do it for the entire week. I'm looking for a "short-break" rental, which shouldn't be too hard to find for an off-time like March, but they won't budge on anything less than a week. I'm getting desperate......

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,749 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

holiday-rentals.co.uk/Ireland/…p14748.htm House to Rent.

Matt O'Sullivan Auctioneers

The Square, Clifden, Co. Galway,

phone: 095 21066/ 21428, fax: 095 21066,

e-mail: property@mattosullivan.com

Might know of a property to rent.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

bean....thank you so much....you're a dear. I checked out that one that you "linked" for me that is in Cleggan. If I can't find an Omey that'll rent for a "short break" then that one looks very good and they do rent for just "weekend" stays. Although, my driver (tee hee) says we should just take the Omey one....pay for the whole week (Yikes) and just stay for a couple days.....UGH, paying that much for 3 nts + the heating/fuel costs (extra) will surely affect my "Jameson's budget".....LOL

Also, the other info....I think that's the Real Estate place that I stopped in to get some directions while in Clifden. I was just saying the other day that "I wish I had taken their card because they may have a rental arrangement (or know of something) and now I can't remember the name of the RE office". So thank you, you must have been reading my mind ! Well, great minds DO think alike....tee hee. I'm going to contact them to see if they have a rental or info....

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,749 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

Kerry - Thinking about you at the moment....

Making Christmas Puddings. Had to break into a bottle of Hubbys Jameson because I ran out of the less expensive whiskey :o))

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

bean....."you go girl" !! Hey, it's for the holidays....you can always make exceptions then...right??? tee hee.

Do you believe I still haven't broken into my bottle of Midleton. Just waiting for the right moment and for it to get a little cooler so that I can have it in front of the fireplace. Although, it will get down to 41degrees (C) this week in Orlando...do you believe it !! But, I still haven't ordered my "peat"! Got to have a peat fire for that moment!

Now, if somebody "cracked open" my bottle of Midleton for a pudding recipe.....well, let's just say, I wouldn't care if it was "for the holidays"....LOL

Have a great day....er, rather have a great "evening" !!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

bean...forgot to mention, already sent an email to the real estate office. I'll let you know if anything comes of it. Sure hope I find something.

We really, really have our hearts set on staying in a quaint little cottage on Omey. Just don't want to pay oodles of cash for it. But, if worse comes to worse.....we will rent that one for the week (UGH $$$$) and just stay 3, or 4 nights....or as long as it will take to write my 1st novel.....ha ha ha ha

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

Make sure your novel has sharks in it!!!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

Hi Clauds.

Absolutely, there'll be sharks, rising tides, mystery & alot of PUB scenes in the book.....one must "draw from personal experiences" when writing a novel. So, I've got lots of pubs to visit while I'm there again....simply for research, you know ;-)

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

I'm bumping to see if there's still any possibility of anybody out there having info for a rental cottage on Omey Island....I'm starting to get desperate. Have done a lot of research and coming up blank except for that one place.....

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

Bumping again to hopefully get info from somebody in the area who may have the "web address", or email for Sweeney's Bar in Claddaghduff.

Got a response from one of the places I found via research. And GUESS WHAT.....they advised there's only about 20 PEOPLE still living on OMEY...I knew there was a reason that I loved that place so much !!! They suggested I try to contact Sweeney's because they may know some info. Sweeney's is right near the crossing point to Omey. I saw it when I was there.....looked like a nice place.

Going to also put this in a local forum....thanks

10. Re: Help: Need Cottage Rental - Omey Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 00:15