We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

Which Shannon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
824 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

Appears that automatic transmission autos are very expensive there. Anyone know of the cheapest company in the Shannon airport for this type auto? Thanks in advance. I know Ferdia will respond to this! Thanks. Frank

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
829 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

Tarheel,

Don't know about Shannon, but the cheapest price I could find for my trip in July was Hertz, through the Aer Lingus website. Am renting for 11 days, pickup in Dublin, dropoff at SNN. Total price for an automatic, before SuperCDW but including CDW, theft, etc., was $800.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,387 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

TARHEEL

Not big on local car rental, but will check a few places. In the meantime, have a look at this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g211884-i1767-k264…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

I booked with my travel agent and I got a rate of 344.60CAD for 6 days in June. We are picking up the car in Shannon and dropping it off in Dublin. The rate is exclusive of any insurances. Our credit-card covers it, even in Ireland. I've read many treads on TA that a lot of credit-card from the USA dont cover insurances. And insurances are often a big part of the rate.

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

We're paying around 280 Euro for 10 days in April without any insurance. My world card covers damages. I booked it many months ago through Irish Car Rentals. It's an automatic Toyota Corolla size car.

usa
Level Contributor
154 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

Hi~

You may want to look into Kemwel, an auto rental clearing house. We rented through them last year and had no problem what-so-ever ... including renting out of Belfast then returning to SNN. We are a fairly large group (with golf clubs) so we need a very large vehicle. We have a Mercedes VITO rented for 10 days in April for just over 1000 US dollars. (-SCDW but includes the rest)

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

6. Re: SNN auto rentals with automatic trans.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 02:17