We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

greetings all: my daughter (24 year old), is flying into shannon airport (7:30am), and planning to take bus to dublin airport where her friend is flying into(7:30p.m). How long the bus ride, & do buses stop at certain time at nite?

what is more safe bus or train, she'll have her luggage.

Also, she wasn't able to get euros, time flew with holiday..... so, suggestions to get money transferred into euros. She'll be there a month working on farm, and staying in hostels. What a fabulous experience for her, but, moms do always worry about their babes.

Please also advise tips for best exchange rates. Oh, this forum is great. My mother in law is 100% irish & we enjoy the herritage!!

thank you all in advance......... happy, blessed new year to all :)

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

Have a look at getting to Limerick or Galway; e.g:

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202386643-343sl.pdf

citylink.ie/assets/…20Airport.pdf

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1243343194-51.pdf

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1257521061-20.pdf

Train travel and bus are both quite safe.

I would suggest using the ATMs (there's one in Shannon) and taking a credit card.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,641 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

JJ Kavanagh www.jjkavanagh.ie also do a direct airport to airport service from Shannon to Dublin.

AFAIK the schedules aren't as frequent as the bus eireann schedules but there's no change in Limerick or Dublin City.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

Happy Stephen's day Bean!!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,641 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

Happy 26th to you too Ferdia.

We were out in Bunratty last Wednesday, the drive out was so beautiful. The sun was setting and the frost was still on the trees, everything looked so white and fairytale like.

And hub was even more delighted as I didn't buy a thing, lol!!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,738 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

Was Just about to recommend Kavanagh, but whilst I am on Ferdia and Bean happy Boxing Day from Southport

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

thank you all, passing the info to her. she'll be gone for 3 months. Shes quite the adventurer. Im sure she'll embrass your island, praying her safe return, but, also knowing the goodness in people everywhere, especially the irish!!!!!!! thanks again.......... :)

7. Re: shannon airport bus to dublin airport????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2010, 05:18