We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains Stations

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trains Stations

Hello, we are planning to fly into Shannon then take the train to Cork to meet with friends then from Cork go to Dublin. I was looking at Irishrail.ie and was a bit confused on the station names that I would be using. Could anyone help? The names of the Shannon, Dublin and Cork stations, please. Also, possibly give me an idea of what a one way from each place will cost?

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains Stations

The station in Dublin that you want is Heuston.

Keith

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains Stations

There isn't a railway station very close to Shannon airport. Better to take a bus from Limerick, I would have thought.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains Stations

A bus then from Limerick to Cork?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains Stations

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1272287885-51.pdf

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains Stations

As the others note, there is no rail service to Shannon. The simplest option is to take the bus to Limerick from where you have a choice of rail or bus to Cork. Bus is simplest as there is a direct bus service from Limerick to Cork. By rail, you would have to travel from Limerick to Limerick Junction (about 25 miles) and then transfer to a Dublin to Cork train for the remainder of the journey. Gaelflyer has already given you a link for the bus service. For rail see www.irishrail.ie.

Cork (Kent) station to Dublin (Heuston) is however quite straightforward with services at hourly intervals.

6. Re: Trains Stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 02:18