We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car/Car hire-Shannon airport

Which Shannon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car/Car hire-Shannon airport

This will be our first time renting internationally at the end of next month. Any suggestions for which company for the best rate for an economy rental.

Thanks!

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rental Car/Car hire-Shannon airport

I just rented through Avis at Shannon. €33 a day for super insurance on top of rental agreement of about €130 (Expedia) fly/drive deal. I was given a standard transmission, which I am used to driving, having done so for over 20 years, Nissan Juke, which is a roomy car.

Super insurance is the way to travel in Ireland because of narrow lanes and walls covered in vines.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,001 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rental Car/Car hire-Shannon airport

be careful with understanding the insurance...you say it includes cdw but what is their charge for super cdw?.....two totally different animals....

as bean said, read read read....you need to make sure you are comparing apples to apples....too many folks who have rented thru a second party end up with some very unpleasant surprises at pickup....

bean is right, i use dooley and have never had a problem, even when i brought the car back this year with a booboo on it...never had any surprises at pick up or drop off...their price is what it says because you can get it all inclusive....also you can prepay in full from home....

also be aware, all rental companies will charge you for a tank of gas at pick up and most will refund that when you bring the car back full.....

have fun.........

San Diego...
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rental Car/Car hire-Shannon airport

I rented from Dooley for the first time this month and had no issues. Booked with the US office, made sure to read up on all insurances fully, and took every insurance they offered (CDW, super CDW, and tire/glass). It seems your best bet is to always book direct and not use travel sites to book your rentals.

14. Re: Rental Car/Car hire-Shannon airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:15