We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three Days in Shannon--what to do?

Which Shannon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Topic
Three Days in Shannon--what to do?

We will arrive in Shannon near the end of June, staying for about four days but realistically having about 3 days to tour. We are thinking about a cruise out of Doolin (?) of the Cliffs of Moher and the Arran Islands--I think I'm spelling those names wrong! That cruise says it is 6 hrs long. The other two days might be going to Limerick on a bus and Galway on a bus. Can we get a bus from the Shannon airport that will take us into Galway and Limerick or should we look for a day tour? Are we missing some other wonderful spot the we could fit in? We think we will stay at Bunratty Villa or around there so we can do the castle the day we arrive. Thanks for any advice!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
384 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Three Days in Shannon--what to do?

Cindy - we just returned from Ireland and this was my first time driving there. I am a regular on the 405 and the 101 in LA as well LOL and didn't have any issues - and as Eddie said above it's just the intersections and round-abouts where you need to put your brain in mirror image. I was surprised how quickly I adapted.

Enjoy your trip - we had a blast !!!

P.S. I posted pictures and will soon post a trip report on the Adare Forum

12. Re: Three Days in Shannon--what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 07:15