We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Which Shannon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental

WE are renting a car through Travelocity with Budget from Dublin airport and retuning it to Shannon airport. Is the Shannon Budget return sight at the airport or offsite. Also when I made the reservation( not paid for yet) they did not indicate that there was an additionl charge for the remote dropoff. Does any one have a similar experience?

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

If you do a little searching through the forum you'll find plenty of advice on car hire - most of which recommends avoiding renting through an agent and to watch out for the high excess/reimbursable on CDW in Ireland and high cost of super cover insurance to reduce this to something reasonable.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,667 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

Budget drop is 5 minutes from the terminal @ SNN provided they are open or Key drop in the terminal and park through the Short stay.. As you are considering renting through an agent (not an act I personally recommend) just make sure of what is included in the quote and that you have full details of what will be expected at the collection desk. There should be No extra charges for Key drop and I am reasonably sure Budget do not charge for alternate airport drop..

3. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18