We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in bantry

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
weekend in bantry

hi...myself and my girlfriend are going to bantry soon for the weekend.i dont know much about the area,so i was wondering can anyone give me a bit of info please?? i am staying a sat and a sun night.whats the nightlife in the town?? is there a nightclub?? are there a good selection of restaurants in the town?? what are the local tourist attractions??

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend in bantry

Not sure what your interests are but take a look at

www.westcork.com/bantry-tourism

www.bearainfo.com

www.cork-guide.ie/garnish

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend in bantry

I was there last October, stayed in the Maritime which I loved but I have to say Bantry town needs a lot of TLC at the moment. I am not much into pubbing and clubbing so I can't comment on that however, we were there at the weekend and I didn't see much evidence of a club but obviously lots of pubs.

You can walk around bantry in about 20 minutes, the beauty of the area for me was not just Bantry but the magnificent surrounding countryside. It is really stunning. The sheeps head peninsula is superb a little hidden gem sticking out into the atlantic, so good, I hardly want to tell anyone about it, but I always do !!

Bantry is not known for it's restaurants although just down from the hotel there is the award winning O'Connors Seafood restaurant which was too expensive for us.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on night one and it was very good, and on night two we ate in the hotel bar which was better value. I had a big bowl of mussels and chips with a pint or two and it was just what the doctor ordered.

All in all I loved the weekend in Bantry but Bantry itself was not the reason why. Bantry House is the star attraction in the area but we did not get to see it as we had other fish to fry !!

I think you will enjoy.

Edited: 13 February 2010, 10:06
Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend in bantry

cheers...thanks folks for your help.

4. Re: weekend in bantry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bantry
Recent Conversations