We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

Which Castletownbere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glenside...
2 posts
Save Topic
Transportation

Would like to know the distance from Cork train station to Realtnamaramap bed & breakfast in Castletownbere. What kind of transportation could get me there?

6 replies to this topic
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation

Castletownbere is about 80 miles from the city. I suspect bus is your only option. See www.buseireann.ie. and check out services from Cork City to west Cork. The bus station in the city is in Parnell Place, about 5-10 minutes walk from the railway station.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation

There used to be a private bus service from Cork City to CTB,pick up & drop off point was at the Bus station in Cork. I am not sure if its still running & I am not sure where you'd find out that info.You could have a look at www.bearainfo.com

Bus Eireann www.buseireann.ie may run a service to Bantry & maybe a connection on to CTB.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation

Another link for Beara www.bearatourism.com

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation

The private bus is run by a crowd called Harrington's. It only goes once a day, to Cork early morning and back late afternoon. It leaves from Parnell Place.

Bus Eireann also have a summer-only service from Killarney/Kenmare to Castletownbere.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation

Thats right blackgreen,,,,wasn't sure if it was Sullivans or Harringtons !!!

Glenside...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation

Thank you

Reply to: Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castletownbere