We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skull Ireland

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Skull Ireland

Planning on visiting Skull Ireland end of May-June. Closest car rental? Comments on area ...

Maureen

19 replies to this topic
Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Skull Ireland

Just found Bantry House before I saw your post.

How are you adjusting to living in Ireland? What are the top three things I would need to consider before making the transition myself?

Maureen

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
781 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Skull Ireland

It definately took a bit of time to adjust especially since I live in the country! There's no pizza delivery, grocery store (a small shop at least in town for the basics), and turned into a stay at home mom (which is good since there's very few jobs!). I love it now and would never want to live in a big city again. You will love this part of Ireland. It's off the major tourist track but has some of the most amazing scenery anywhere. There's 2 great beaches near by Ballyrisode and Barleycove if you want a chill out day! Enjoy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Skull Ireland

Hi... I'm planning on visiting Schull this May or June...It is SCHULL.... correct???? I notice someone has made a mistake I assume, and called it Skull?????

I'm an artist , my husband is an independent filmmaker... this all means we have a tight budget..

This time I am going alone, so I want to use public transport, arriving from NYC to Dublin. Can I bus it down to Schull? and Where can I stay right in the town of Schull? any actual Hotels? I want to walk to everything for now...

I hear / see it looks wonderful!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Edited: 21 April 2014, 16:21
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Skull Ireland

You've tagged on to a discussion from 18 months ago. I would start a new thread with your question on the general Ireland forum or the Dublin or Cork forum to get public transport directions.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
881 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Skull Ireland

You can get bus 237 from Cork www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1347631434-237.pdf

Check out Schull on TA for hotels / B&B

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Skull Ireland

Thanks so much!!! will do...can't wait to get back to Ireland, and see this new area!!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
881 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Skull Ireland

My favourite part of Ireland. Largely ignored in favour of Tourist Central ( thankfully )

Fantastic scenery, food, people and very laid back. Try to get to Ballydehob, Goleen, Durrus, Bantry, Ahakista, Mizen, Crookhaven.

Enjoy it, but don't tell too many about it.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
781 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Skull Ireland

From Schull during the summer you can take a ferry to Cape Clear which is a great day ( just need to check ferry days during time of year). There's a great independent film from here www.thepier.com that shows the amazing scenery here. The only draw back is lack of public transportation.... You can get to Schull but hard to see areas around here. You can hire a taxi tho for a tour to Mizen Head and area. Hope you make it here! Enjoy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Skull Ireland

THANKS !!! and I agree.. too great a place to let out of the bag!!!!!

Can't wait!!

Reply to: Skull Ireland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Schull