We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

Which Cashel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

Hi, we have planned to drive down from Dublin and wondered what the best option was for parking?

We will be driving on to Kilkenny then, to spend the evening and following morning. This looks like a viable option, but is it still worth going to Cashel if there is reconstruction going on, or should I concentrate on Kilkenny?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,615 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

There's a car park at Rock of Cashel. No fee as far as I recall.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,704 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

There is a charge for the Carpark, I tend to park at the bottom of the hill and walk up.

There is Preservation work going on long term on one small area.. This involves a lot of Scaffolding which has minor impact on publicly accessible places.. The tour included in the €6 entrance charge is possibly the best use of that amount of cash you will make on the Island..

That said there are many other options from and in Kilkenny so my answer is based on the question rather than the rest of your itinerary,

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

The Rock of Cashel is wonderful. Such an imposing presence towering over the countryside. Scaffolding is a minor inconvenience. Take the tour, well worth it. Note that the only toilet facilities are at the bottom of the hill near the car park. Climb up is fairly easy.

Southern California
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

The Rock of Cashel was one of our favorite places on our 2 week trip. Gorgeous! It was extremely windy there, and we had rain on and off for our visit, but we still enjoyed it.

There is a car park for I believe 1.50, which we parked in. The entrance fee to the ROC is included in the heritage pass if you buy that, which I highly recommend. It payed for itself plus more for us.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,704 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

Car parking on the ROC car park is €3.00 for the day,, The public toilets are on the car park.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

There is parking for a small fee at the car park. Toilets next to it. Be sure to walk the short trail down to Hore Abbey (free) after touring the Rock. Worth it and great views of the Rock. Grab a coffee at the purple Granny's cafe next to the car park before your drive to back to Kilkenny.

7. Re: Parking at the Rock of Cashel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 17:15