We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hyland burren hotel or rusheen lodge

boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
hyland burren hotel or rusheen lodge

love the rusheen lodge, would love to stay there. spoke with the hosttess yesterday and she was very helpfula and sounded really nice, but am concerned about the distance from down.

hylands hotel is right in town and sounds great as well. no problem going out to dinner and a drink at night and walking back.

was wondering the difference between a 2 star hotel and a 4 star guesthouse. we will be there two nights, so it will back a difference, not just a quick stop over.

this is the only place, ballyvaughan, that i have not booked on our 6 "base" towns. would love any help i can get to finalize this.

Burren Hills Walk
Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Clare
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hyland burren hotel or rusheen lodge

Hi frogsbrat

You can read reviews about both establishments on this site. This might help you decide on where to stay.

Rusheen has the luxury and is classy but Hylands would be great fun and craic. Depends what you're into.

Whatever you choose have a wonderful holiday.

Lansdale, PA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hyland burren hotel or rusheen lodge

Hi Frogbrat,

My son and I stayed at the Hylands Burren a few years ago (his 21st birthday trip) It was wonderful! The room was large with 2 quessn beds and a georgeous bath! Warm and comfortable. The people were great there very helpful and friendly and the food war great too! That was our first stop, we stayed 2 nights and were glad we stayed there first! Have fun and I highly recommend it! Actually, my husband and I are coming back in March but are going south, although I so loved Ballyvaughn that we might make a day of it!

boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hyland burren hotel or rusheen lodge

mgrebe,

thanks so much for your response :) we decided this am to stay at the hylands, much closer to town and sounded really nice from all the forum responses here and on other forums. were there any restaurants or traditional pubs that you liked in that area?

we are also staying in dublin, kilkenny, kinsale, dingle, and ennis.

glad your son had such a wonderful 21st birthday, and you got to celebrate with him, how lucky.

thanks again for any help you can give.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hyland burren hotel or rusheen lodge

Hi frogbrat. Hylands is nice. Monk's is nearby, as is Vaughan's and Linnane's in Kilfenora. Check this out. http://www.folkworld.de/frog/irlpub.htm#clare

also,

www.irishpubguides.com

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Kilfenora
Kilfenora
The Burren, Ireland