We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caisley=Caislean

Manhattan
1 post
Save Topic
Caisley=Caislean

I am a Caisley. I am searching for my family. Who I have not met. Abandon at 6 months. I am now a beautiful young successful woman in Manhattan, just checking if I've got any family out there who I can send a Christmas card to? Are the Caisley's related to the Caislean. Isn't is also spelled with an accent ' Caisl'an or something like that? Any and all info will be appreciated. Please respond to caisley@hotmail.com

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,152 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caisley=Caislean

PrincessNile - I have just done a search for the name Caisley in Letterkenny and Donegal in the on-line Irish Phonebook and found nothing.

Caisleán (Cash-Lawn) is the irish for Castle.

The only other alternative I can think of currently is to e-mail Catherine McGlynn at info@welovedonegal.com (The site is www.welovedonegal.com if I have got the other address wrong) Catherine posts here and is very knowledgeable about the area. She might give you some more pointers.

letterkenny, co...
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caisley=Caislean

thanks for your kind recommendation beanalainn. :-)

nile princess: i do not think there are any people of the name caislean in donegal having briefly checked it out and from my knowledge of donegal names.

an idea i had is that perhaps the name is a corruption of the name casey? there are quite a few caseys in donegal and the surrounding counties so it is perhaps an idea you could check up on?

sorry could not be more help but hope you have success eventually in tracing those relatives.

Get answers to your questions about Letterkenny
Recent Conversations