We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clanree Hotel or Mount Errigal Hotel?

Dundalk,Ireland
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clanree Hotel or Mount Errigal Hotel?

Going to be staying in Letterkenny for about 5 days in July, myself, wife and 18 month old. Looking for a decent, good value hotel with a pool, both Clanree and Mount Errigal have one so which would be better for us? Don't mind if one is further out from town than the other as I'll have the car. Clanree is working out a good bit cheaper so I'm leaning towards it. Both get pretty good reviews on Tripadvisor so looking for local advice, cheers.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clanree Hotel or Mount Errigal Hotel?

I've stayed in both and mount errigal is 100 times better. Clanree is sort of run down, mount errigal has lovely big open fires, great highly trained staff who make you feel welcome.the food in clanree is really old fashioned but mount errigal is modern. Mount errigal has a good family deal, ring them directly if you are staying that long they will give u a good deal. Good luck, you will love Donegal

Derry
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clanree Hotel or Mount Errigal Hotel?

Clanree is a great spot. Having a recently refurbished Mc Gettigans bar the food is fantastic and the service is great too. The reception area has had a facelift and their new ballroom is unreal! With the new owners there is definately a great atmosphere in this hotel.the bedrooms are a little dated but having stayed in both hotels they are as dated as one another. Clanree have had plenty of refurbishment so maybe the bedrooms are done as well...

3. Re: Clanree Hotel or Mount Errigal Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Letterkenny
Recent Conversations