We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Reunion - Killaloe

Tralee, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Family Reunion - Killaloe

Hi there,

Im organising a large family reunion weekend in July of next year (up to 100 people), and am booking us into Killaloe self-catering. I'm hoping to have one big organised activity/sight-seeing day with relaxed food and drinks afterwards - probably will be a late night, and also a night with a more formal function - a sit-down meal, with slideshows etc and more of a party atmosphere, where we can personalise the space.

I would love for this to be a really unforgettable and special weekend. We're a large family and normally the only time everyone is together as is the way of life, is for weddings or funerals every few years, and even then theres no guarantee that everyone will be there. They are delighted to have this event happening. We could have some of it local and some further afield maybe, but I would imagine some people like the american and english contingent will stay longer - maybe a week or so, and so they can do more 'touristy' things again if it happens that we dont fit much in over this weekend. Most of us are Irish, but I would still like there to be a holiday feeling to it. I've looked into plenty of the local websites and have some ideas, but would love some local/insiders advice and recommendations as to where to go and what to do, good function rooms with flexibility on late opening etc...

Many thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
The Killaloe Hotel
The Killaloe Hotel
283 Reviews
Killaloe, Ireland
Soulkite
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Killaloe River Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
St. Flannan's Cathedral
Sacred & Religious Sites
UL Sport Adventure Centre
Sports Camps & Clinics, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
3 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,974 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Reunion - Killaloe

Think the Lakeside Hotel would be a good first stop for a function room. Spirit of Killaloe is only a 50 seater so that would be out for 100 unless split into 2 events? The Adventure centre might have some options?

Mentioned in this post
The Killaloe Hotel
The Killaloe Hotel
283 Reviews
Killaloe, Ireland
Tralee, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Reunion - Killaloe

Thanks tony2phones. The Lakeside is unavailable on the Saturday night unfortunately, which is when it would be ideal, but have availability on other nights if we find nowhere else. Ive seen that there are function rooms in o'donovans and in flanagans also. Which do you think would be better suited/better food and atmosphere? Thanks again

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,974 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Reunion - Killaloe

Food is good in both places (prefer Goosers but too small for your requirements) I might lean towards Flanagans but there is little to chose between, so see who is available and offers the best package. Molly's bar has a nightclub attached, might be an option for youngsters later on.

Reply to: Family Reunion - Killaloe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Killaloe