We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head

We need a bit of advice, please. We will be in Ennis for several days in early June and are considering taking public transportation for a day trip from Ennis to Kilkee. Are the cliffs walking distance from Kilkee or would we need transportation? Also where is the loop head in relationship to Kilkee? Could we do both in a day trip?

Thanks!

Kady

Mentioned in this post
Ennis
Ennis
County Clare, Ireland
5 replies to this topic
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head

Hi Kady, the start of the Cliff walk is a lovely walk along by the beach in Kilkee.

You will have no problem getting from Ennis to Kilkee by public transport.

www.buseireann.ie

Loop Head is not ideally situated for public transport links but there are some good ideas on here:

http://www.loophead.ie

Mentioned in this post
Kilkee Cliff Walk
Kilkee Cliff Walk
367 Reviews
Kilkee, Ireland
Ennis
Ennis
County Clare, Ireland
Loop Head
Loop Head
298 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
20,345 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head

Greetings Kady,

Whilst staying in the area, I did the Kilkee Loop walk & one of the Doonbeg Loop walks, both were spectacular. In Kilrush there are a few taxi / hackney businesses, as well as one in Doonbeg, you can also rent bikes in Kilkee & Doonbeg.

I hope this info helps.

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head

Thank you both. The more I read about the cliff walk the more I want to do it. I was looking at the bus schedule and there seems to be a five and a half hour gap from when we would be dropped off in Kilkee and when we would get the return bus back to Ennis. It sounds like the walk would take about three hours, and we would probably stop at the Diamond Rock Cafe for a bite to eat. That still leaves us some time to fill. Is there something to do in the town that will help fill the time?

Kady

Mentioned in this post
Ennis
Ennis
County Clare, Ireland
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head

Kadydidit,

While staying in Ennis last September, my husband and I took a bus to Kilkee and did the Cliff Walk. It was a lovely day. See day #9 in my trip report:

https:/…71994893

Mentioned in this post
Ennis
Ennis
County Clare, Ireland
Kilkee Cliff Walk
Kilkee Cliff Walk
367 Reviews
Kilkee, Ireland
Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head

VickiAnne I just read your trip report and really enjoyed it. I understand the cliff walk is 3 miles, so for you to have walked 6 miles you must have truly taken the scenic route! ;-). Seriously, I can understand how that can happen when surrounded by such beautiful scenery. As we will be spending 14 days visiting Ireland without a car, it was reassuring to read that our plans are realistic.

Thanks!

Kady

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Reply to: Kilkee Cliff Walk and Loop Head
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kilkee
More Kilkee Topics