We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

Hi,

I want to attend the Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann this August which is, I believe, being held in Cavan town again this year. I missed out last year because I left it too late to book accommodation and everything was booked up. Want to get it booked early this year to ensure that I will get a place to stay which is central and convenient. Just wondering can someone tell me what hotels/ b&bs are in Cavan town? the most popular ones / central ones etc? Havent been to Cavan before so any help at all would be great.

Thanks.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

I have often stayed in the Hotel Kilmore, which I have found to be fine. It is a little ways out from the centre of town

http://www.hotelkilmore.ie/#

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

just looked up that hotel (hotel kilmore) and its not available for the dates of the fleadh. Looked up another hotel too called Cavan Crystal Hotel and they also have no availability. Thought i was giving myself plenty of time to book but obviously not! any other recommendations?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,107 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

I had been waiting for Cavan007 to catch this one you could try sending a private message as they may not have seen the posting, my feeling is that most of the accommodation is booked year on year by the same people the same year (ie. last year for this). You could try contacting the organisers by email to see if they can help

info@fleadh2010.ie

www.fleadh2010.ie/Default.aspx…

Boston
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

Go the old fashioned route and check yellow pages or discover ireland for B&B in Cavan Town. There are only about three or four town hotels and they will be all booked. the B&B's for the most part are not online. Also check Fleadh official website and facebook page for locals that will provide accommodation. Call the Abbey Bar and McCauls in the town to check for availability or accommodation referral

Cavan, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

Fleadh 2011

I too was searching around,I wanted something central,

I checked out www.fleadh2011.ie, they have a list of places where you can stay.

I got a lovely house to rent in the centre of town,I found them very helpful,

Mary, Kerry

Edited: 27 February 2011, 09:27
Cavan, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

hi.see my reply below,this is the link

www.fleadh2011.ie/index.php?main_page=index

Thanks Mary

Edited: 27 February 2011, 09:31
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

thanks very much for the help everyone. i'll have a gander on the Fleadh Cheoil website and call a few B&B's. Hopefully one of them will still have availability, fingers crossed anyway!

Thanks again :)

ps. Was anyone in Cavan last year when the Fleadh Cheoil was on? Was there a good atmosphere around and most importantly, was there plenty of "craic agus cheoil" in the pubs at night?

new jersey
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

My family (myself, husband and three young children) were there last year for my daughter to compete. We loved it so much that we will be returning again this year regardless of whether she qualifies to compete. First suggestion is to definitely contact the Fleadh office, they have been very helpful. I actually found this year's accommodations through this site (a frequent poster helped me out) but the office did contact me a few weeks back to ask if I was interested in an available accommodation so they do have some left:)

I can't offer too much insight into the pub scene since we were with 3 children but it appeared everyone was having fun - it was VERY crowded - just be prepared. We didn't mind it though. Can't wait to get back there!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

"Was anyone in Cavan last year when the Fleadh Cheoil was on?"

Wasn't in Cavan but was at the previous ones in Tullamaore. Tullamore was great so if that is anything to go by I'd say Cavan was great too especially as they hadn't hosted the Fleadh for a long time :-)

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,505 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann 2011

The Fleadh 2011 website is now up: www.fleadh2011cavan.ie

Last year the organising committee supported by Cavan County Council organised a couple of camp sites within walking distance of the main events which worked out pretty well. There were also plenty of private houses willing to take in boarders for B&B or bed only as required. The Fleadh organising committee should be able to sort something out for you. if not then look at neighbouring towns and villages such as Belturbet or Virginia on the N3.