We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south and west ireland itininary

Which Youghal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
south and west ireland itininary

Planning a trip to ireland in september 2011. We are used to traveling by car and dont take a long time at the places we stop to see. This is our first trip to Ireland and we want to get a good overall view and not specialize in one specific area. We usually travel pretty aggressively. Here is our first draft: Day 1- Dublin,Day 2- Glenalough, cashel, cahir and cobh ( this is the one I am concerned about) Day 3- Blarney, Muckross HOuse/ Killarney, spend night in Dingle, Day 4- Dingle , Aliwee Caves, Bunratty castle, spend night in Kinvara area, Day 5- Arans Islands,Kylemore Abbey- spend night at Ashford castle, Day 6- Ashford, connemara, Gallyfinch castle, spend night in Shannon, Day 7- fly out of shannon back to states. We have one day left . What part of this trip would you add this other day. Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have research this but due to roads and since I do not know how long to allow for each site. I know this needs tweeking. Thank you in advance and Please include only positive, helpful ideas. Only used trip advisor one other time and some of the responses were sarcastic and not helpful.

11 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: south and west ireland itininary

Thanks so much for your feedback. I have had several people respond with great suggestions.( I think we are leaving out Bunratty for another trip). If you had to leave out a day or certain par tof or proposed trip what would you do differently. How is the drive straight from Dublin to Cork/Cobh? Would you think we would have time to stop and see Kilkenny? Do you have any suggsetions regarding where to stay around medievil castle ( Dungaire?) in Kinvarra?

Reply to: south and west ireland itininary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Youghal