We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland

Which Bunratty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bodyke, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Ireland

My sister and I are going to Ireland in September 2009 for one week. We're staying in Bodyke. Want to see Cliffs of Moher, Dingle Peninsula, and have family roots in Gurteen Co. Cork. would like to stay in a castle one night. Any suggestions?

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland

You could take a full loop of Dingle from Ballyseede.

http://www.ballyseedecastle.com/index.php

I have a deailed post on East Clare that I did recently that I will link you to when I dig it up.

However, yes the Burren and Cliffs of Moher will be a handy trip.

Closer to home is Quin, Bunratty, Knappogue, Craggaunowen and you are very convenient to the lovely lough Derg.

http://www.discoverloughderg.ie/

Bodyke, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland

Thank you for the info. Do you have info regarding rental cars? Thanks

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland

You best bet is in Shannon.

www.shannonairport.com/to-from/carrental.html

Sorry - forgot to link that thread.

If I can't find it, I'll post fresh material when I get a chance.

Jonesboro, AR
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland

Go out to the Skellig islands if at all possible. Climb Croagh Patrick. See the Rock of Cashel. Take in the banquet at Bunratty. Touristy, but fun.

India
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland

Dont stay in Ashford i stayed its not worth the price and the hype...i think next bst may be Dromoland but for Dromoland do your own research

Gautam

Co. Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ireland

I personally love Ashford Castle, stayed there many times and never had a bad experience. I enjoy Lough Corrib, landscapes around Lough Mask and Killary Harbour as well as Cong village. Cullins thatched restaurant at Ashford is wonderful, very casual, great seafood, ok prices.

Many prefer Dromoland Castle so I maybe in minority for prefering Ashford.

However, the current onine 3 night deals are a good price and can be shared 2 nights at one castle and 1 night the other. When you book online you book one castle, but when you receive confirmation you can phone up and ask for the split between the two castles. If you phone ahead of booking online, you will not get the online deal.

A great deal if you desire castle experience.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ireland

May I clarify something? Are you staying in Bodyke for 6 nights and one night in a castle?

8. Re: Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 06:24