We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bunratty village vrs. Killarney Outlet HELP

Which Bunratty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
139 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Bunratty village vrs. Killarney Outlet HELP

I had planned to stop at the Blarney Woolen Mills at the Killarney Outfit Center on our way to Shannon. Now I see that they have a shop at the Bunratty Village Mills. Is one shopping center better then the other? It would save us time to stop in Bunratty but would stop in Killarney if they offer more for shopping Irish items-not souvenir types-nicer gift types.

Thank you for your help

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bunratty village vrs. Killarney Outlet HELP

either would do but since bunratty would be better suited for your plans, i say bunratty....lots of choices.....

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bunratty village vrs. Killarney Outlet HELP

If you are looking for "shopping Irish items-not souvenir types-nicer gift types" and since you will be in Killarney I would suggest Christy's and The Kilkenney Shop. Upstairs in Christy's you have the typical tourist stuff with a large Guiness section but downstairs and in all of The Kilkenney Shop you have high quality ceramics, crystal, silverware and such. Also, they will ship everything home for you for E29.99 so no need to worry about breakages - everything is double wrapped and double boxed.

3. Re: Bunratty village vrs. Killarney Outlet HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 18:45