We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

Salisbury, Md
1 post
Save Topic
Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

Have a trip to Galway booked for mid Feb 2007. Can anyone give me tips on usual weather conditions and what to wear.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

Probably cold as hell. The kind of cold that follows you into bed!!! Could be raining/snowing/sunny and all within half an hour.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

Hi Olderen. I don't know why, but that name reminded me of something. I asked a funny, inebriated older guy, he didn't mind, how old he was. He replied, "Olderen dirt." :-). Anyway, wear layers and have a waterproof outer one handy. It won't be as cold as Maryland. Check out climate here. www.met.ie. I saw that it says it'll be close today. That means it's close to raining. We could use that term here alot this year. Cheers.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

Olderen / Olderon was the name of a place in the Lord of the Rings afaik.

Galway is beautiful at any time however the weather can be bad in Feb and will be windy.

I have been lucky enough to find out I have to spend around 19 weeks of the next 12 months in Galway. See you there in Feb.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

Sorry what to wear.

Bring warm clothes. Fleece lined, heavy coats and everything else that keeps you warm.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

Ah, yes it was. I'd forgotten about that. Cheers.

6. Re: Trip to Galway scheduled for mid February 2007.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 06:24