We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from New York

New York at the mo...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from New York

Hey all,

I live in New York but am from Kerry and trying to organize a trip to Ireland for my boss and was thinking about sending him to Clare to see bunratty castle/winery on his way from Kerry to Galway.

Any suggestions on what he should see and do. Outside of Bunratty is there any thing else to do in Clare thats good, he's in2 golf, ruins and pubs. Im sure he'll love it there. He will be in Clare for 2 days. and then on to Galway for 2 days....

Suggestions greatly appreciated..

Thank you all

D

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from New York

There is the golf links in lahinch. He could go to Galway from ther by the Burren and see the Dolmens or Ailwee caves.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from New York

irishlady is there a winery in bunratty?...i have been there multiple times and didn't know that....

in fact someone asked me that question last week, not about bunratty winery but if i knew of any wineries in ireland and i told them know.....

they are going to bunratty in late september so if you don't mind, let me know about this and i know it will make their day....they are wineo's at heart.....hehehehe....

thanks

Sicklerville, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from New York

oma --

If it's the same "winery" we went to it's simple a shop to taste and buy the Mead and moonshine that they sell all over the folk park...it's located on the Low Road just beyond the Folk Park grounds

irishlady -- if your boss is into "ruins" he may like Lough Gur -- the stone age fort in Limerick

Ireland
Level Contributor
193 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from New York

Ya if he is into golf then Lahinch has a great golf course, not that I would know of course but I have heard it from some reliable sources. And then of course Lahinch is just such a beautiful place anyway and it is right on the beach. They have a new golf hotel aswell and it looks lovely although it was booked out last time i was there.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from New York

eringobraugh, thank you so much...i didn't know that the winery was there....my friends are going to be delight....

thank you so very much......

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from New York

Mead is made in Bunratty. its an old celtic drink made from honey and was traditionally drank for a week i think after a couple got married which is where the term honeymoon came from. Just thought this was interesting

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from New York

Hi Irishlady. You could check out here for ideas. Also, hoping to not seem pedantic, the Mead was used for one cycle of The Moon. Cheers. http://www.shannonheritage.com/

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from New York

i didn't know that about mead...i am getting so smart on this forum!!!!.....

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from New York

Future gift idea for someone about to enter into Holy Headlock? :-)

10. Re: Travelling from New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 08:21