We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerry Airport to Ballybunion Transfer Costs

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kerry Airport to Ballybunion Transfer Costs

Third Party Collection at Kerry Airport - Get a "proper" quotation...!

We were a group of 8 golfers flying into Kerry Airport for transfer to one of Ballybunion's BB / Guesthouses. Our BB, knowing our group size and clubs to be transported and clearly used to arranging such transfers quoted us 70 to 80 euros one way.

We were duly collected on arrival and were to pay the +/-160 euro when dropped off for our return trip to the airport.

Due to one of our golfers forgetting his passport in Dublin, instead of flying he had to drive our 9-seater hired van to Ballybunion or miss the golf. This meant we were able to drive ourselves back to Kerry Airport after our golf. We duly cancelled the return trip with the 3rd party transporter only to be told that the 'one-way' trip cost was now 175 Euro!! and that the "quote" given by our BB was not given by them...! Our BB refused to get involved & sensing we would likely only pay the quoted 80 Euro, probably contacted the transporter who duly arrived wihtin an hour to collect his 175 Euro.

I know not what is the "correct" transfer cost but fellow golfers, if your BB / Guest house is not collecting you from Kerry Airport itself and using a third party, make sure you contact that 3rd party and obtain a quote from them directly.

This incident left a bad taste in our mouths but we just paid the 175 euro to avoid souring our Ballybunion experience.

Mentioned in this post
County Kerry
County Kerry
Province of Munster, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
4 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerry Airport to Ballybunion Transfer Costs

I am sorry that your experience of transfers from Kerry Airport to Ballybunion was not a good one. Can you remember the name of the person that brought you over and back ?

In most cases you can book through the local guesthouse and they in turn can get a cost per person to cover the golf clubs, luggage and people involved for the 55 minute spin back to Ballybunion.

To use the taxi outside the Airport you have to use two of them and this is costing you folks more.

I like to look into this matter for you.

David

Mentioned in this post
County Kerry
County Kerry
Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerry Airport to Ballybunion Transfer Costs

You should also let the golf club know of your experience and pass on the name of the driver. Ballybunion club takes great pride in the welcome provided to visitors and I am sure management and members would be saddened that this happened.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kerry Airport to Ballybunion Transfer Costs

Hi David

Thanks for your post. I checked back in my EMails and found that the company involved was Enrights Taxi Service. The driver was the future son-in-law but alas no-one can remember his name.

As mentioned, we ended up having only a one way trip and our exact requirements (8 golfers plus bags) were communicated well in advance to the guest house.

Hi Spiceloft

I must say, I did not think the club would be too interested in this matter but based on your suggestion, I will send them a short summary.

Cheers

Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kerry Airport to Ballybunion Transfer Costs

Paul,

I also own a guesthouse in Ballybunion The Tides in Ballybunion and having arranged several transfers from both Kerry and Shannon airports is part of the normal day of business.

One way transfer cost is about 80 Euros from Kerry for a single person and maybe 100 for a couple etc.

For a group of eight people I wouldn't be sure of the cost but a days hire for a coach and driver is 450 Euros.

I understand where what you are saying when quoted a cost and then it is doubled when paying. I find it hard to understand anybody doing a one ay trip for 80 Euros for a group of eight people that's ten Euros a person.

Now at the same time I not sure if this is costing 20 Euros a person either as this is not what business I am in. However I will also get the right number of people to the right cost in advance of any group coming to Ballybunion.

To be fair to all party's involved and to insure fairness I rang Bus Eireann this morning to get a cost from Killarney to Ballybunion. The man that answered the phone gave a cost of 15.80 Euros. This is for a timed scheduled and not the driver awaiting your arrival at the Airport. In looking at the cost charged now I would have to say that this is a balance cost per person for the Taxi service provided for your group.

The above all been said it would have been better for all the above information been relayed to you from the very start. I can only say that the price quoted was in general run of the mill and not for the group size that you guys had and need to transport from Kerry Airport to the Mighty shores of Ballybunion golf clubs , luggage and all.

I can only hope that this experience or lack of commutation would be better stated did not take for the experience of taking on the finest golfing course in the Mighty Shores of Ballybunion. We would be delighted to have you boys back again at some stage for the return leg of the joinery and hoping that this finds you well I hope that my explanation brings understanding to your posting.

David Walsh

Mentioned in this post
County Kerry
County Kerry
Shannon
Shannon
County Clare, Ireland
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Reply to: Kerry Airport to Ballybunion Transfer Costs