We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

Portland, Maine
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

My family is having a small reunion at Dromoland Castle, and I would like to arrange my lodging ahead of time. I've been to Dromoland Castle before and found that it was out of my price range for the length of time needed. I loved the Bed and Breakfast accomodation in people's homes, however. Is there a specific/good one near Dromoland Castle? How can I contact them?

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

I dont know of the B&Bs around Dromland, but the Clare Inn is right next to Dromoland Castle and might suit your price range.

http://www.clareinnhotel.com/

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

The Clare Inn is the hotel industry at its worst (although as WWT mentions, it is quite close), and please sift through reviews carefully!

If you want to stay somewhere close without the need to be sanitized after check out have a look at:

http://www.cahergal.com/

http://www.ardsollusfarm.com/

They are both quality properties.

Alternatively, Bunratty and Shannon have good quality B&Bs.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

hi ,u have strong opinion on clare inn ,how many times have you stayed there? ever needed to be sanitized? are all the reviews bad .

County Clare...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

Yes, I have been offering my honest (rarely strong...only in exceptional circumstances) opinion here on TA for some time, which I hope is of use to the OP. (I thought that was the poiny of TA)

Please feel free to offer you own:)

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

hello ,just wondering since ur from shannon? whether u have stayed at clare inn? and you didnt answer my questions -so dont know if oyu are giving personal opinion or just repeating what you have read /heard?.Thanks

County Clare...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

I'm sorry; I really make a point of limiting personal information on this forum.

Please bear in mind OP that I do not give opinions without considerable background info - and as TA has ranked it as the second worst 'reviewed' hotel in county Clare, I guess I'm not the only person with this opinion.

Edited: 13 July 2010, 20:33
7. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 14:35
County Clare...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

I have been to the property several times and have been in the rooms and stand by my opinion . I have further additional experience which I am not prepared to share.

My opinion is not a personal attack on the Clare Inn or the Lynch Group, and I have no association with the recent scandal associated with that group.

9. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 15:35
County Clare...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bed and Breakfast near Dromoland Castle

Yes - regretably, I have been there too often for personal reasons.

I had a look again at the reviews for the Clare Inn:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g212532-d968134…

65% of people write that their experience was poor / terrible, despite some recent glowing reports from 1 time contributors.

I had a look at its sister hotel in Ennis to see if there was a trend:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186597-d295585…

58% of people had a poor / terrible experience, despite some recent glowing reports from 1 time contributors.

They are the two worst ranked hotels in County Clare.

Then there's Limerick:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186621-d213117…

68% of people have had a poor / terible experience there....it is the worst ranked hotel in Limerick.

I know that the group has experienced problems:

irishtimes.com/newspaper/…1224251764097.html

...which might explain some short cuts, and OP - apologies for going off topic here, I won't post on this thread again!

Edited: 14 July 2010, 11:51