We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

I am considering booking a Hawk Walk for my family of 13 at Dromoland Castle. I'd love to hear from anyone who has experianced it. Were you pleased with this location? We had originally intended on heading up to Ashford Castle for a Hawk Walk but it would be a 2.5 hour drive from our rented house. This seems like a good alternative. Thoughts?

6 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,931 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

Excellent but a little expensive when compared to Ailwee.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

Actually the price per person is significantly less expensive through Dromoland. Ailwee website shows 70 euro pp, Dromoland is 50 euro pp.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,931 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

In that case go for it. Ailwee prices must have gone up or you are getting a really good deal from Dromoland.

Save Reply
4. Re: Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

Hi, I have tried both. The hawk walk in Ailwee was good but I couldn't compare it to the walk we had in Dromoland. The birds were really good and the grounds and settings were just superb, really magical! Both of the falconers really friendly and informative. I would definitely recommend Dromoland hawk walks. Say hi to TJ from me

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

We are doing this next week. What is the feeling about gratuity with this event? I hear that gratuity is varied with dining, etc.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle

We (a couple) have done the Hawk Walk at both Ashford and Dromoland. Both are great experiences. As for a TIP, we gave $10 to our guide for the two of us and the guide seemed pleased. FYI - We only met one Irish guide. The rest were from the Czech Republic, South Africa and South America....all of them were pleased with the TIP. :-)

Reply to: Hawk Walk at Dromoland Castle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted