We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Widows

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Widows

We are headed to Lahinch as our first stop in a two-week golf tour with the Husbands. We are not golfing and were looking for things to do in Lahinch and ideas for dinner once the boys return from golf. We are staying at the Vaughan Lodge. Would appreciate any suggestions since we are only there for two days and moving on to North Kerry.

4 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,659 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Widows

Will you have a car?If you feel you must, you are close to the cliffs of Moher.

The Burren is spectacular, there are caves you can visit, the lovely organic Burren perfumery,the dolmen at Poulnabrone,castles, abbeys, high crosses,perhaps even a day trip from Doolin to the Aran islands

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,063 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Widows

If you do tour the Burren you might like to swing in here.

www.burrensmokehouse.ie/

As regards dinner, the guys will be on such a high from playing the Old Course it might be best you join them in the clubhouse for dinner.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Widows

If you have the use of a car, there is no shortage of things to do in the area.

As Harvey says, the Burren is amazing and well worth a day trip from Lahinch.

clarelibrary.ie/eolas/…the_burren.htm

The Cliffs of Moher are a very popular destination for visitors and locals alike.

http://www.cliffsofmoher.ie/

Be sure to check out the Rock Shop in Liscannor, which has a lovely selection of jewellery and also has a really nice coffee shop.

If you are interested in a day's retail therapy, Ennis is only half an hour's drive from Lahinch and has some beautiful boutiques and gift shops.

www.visitennis.ie

As for ideas for dinner, the pubs in Lahinch all do good food. I love Danny Macs and the Cornerstone.

I hear very good reports of the food at Vaughan Lodge too, so I don't think you will have any problem finding someplace to eat.

Edited: 04 January 2013, 20:44
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Widows

Also, this thread from last year will probably have much of the type of information that you are looking for.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g212533-i7874-k533…

Edited: 04 January 2013, 20:48
Reply to: Golf Widows
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lahinch