We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time going to Clare

Which Ennistymon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
First time going to Clare

Heading to Clare in the Summer - with hubby and three kids. Trying to find different things to do - so far have decided on Father Ted for tea. Going to go to the Alliwee caves, cliffs of moher - maybe a trip to the Arran islands, Bunratty Castle.

Any other suggestions - we will be driving so I don't mind how far from Ennistymon (spelling) - and also is there a "deal site for county Clare" that gives discounts - like 2 for one.

Thanks for any help

4 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,785 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time going to Clare

Spelling is fine Y or I depends where you went to school. www.shortbreaksireland.ie/25DiscountCard/ and http://www.cultureheritageireland.com/ have some coverage duplicated I think the latter is a better on for Ailwee?

Loop Head would be on my list Dolphin watching from Carrigaholt or Kilkee (might see more than one but don't tell Fungi, they have even lured a tame one into Doolin now!)

Trip over here into East Clare and Lough Derg. Depends on your interests and ages perhaps?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,347 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time going to Clare

Try www.pigsback.com You will often get deals there. AND you can save up your piggy points and use them to purchase things.

Also look at this page www.discoverireland.ie/Places-To-Go/Clare

And you can often find offers in some of the inserts that come with the Saturday newspapers. Discover Ireland usually do an insert in Spring and Autumn.

dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time going to Clare

Thanks everybody xx

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
825 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time going to Clare

Hello. Heres the website for the County Clare library. Hope you find some ideas:www.clarelibrary.ie. Hope this helps, and enjoy.

Reply to: First time going to Clare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ennistymon