We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Powerscourt area

Which Enniskerry hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
naperville, IL
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Powerscourt area

We will be spending 2 nights in dublin before setting off for West coast of Ireland. Is it worth spending a night or 2 at Powerscourt as we have Marriott points we can use. What is there to do and see in the area? Will have sons with us, 21 and 23 so no interest in gardens or waterfalls! Is the village of Enniskerry worth the stay? Thanks.. Linda

3 replies to this topic
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Powerscourt area

I'm assuming your query is whether you should spend a night or two in Powerscourt after leaving Dublin - as opposed to staying in Powerscourt rather than Dublin.

Enniskerry is a small pleasant village with maybe enough to entertain you for an hour or two. If your sons have no interest in gardens and waterfalls, I suspect that they would become bored quite quickly. I'd skip Powerscourt and head west.

naperville, IL
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Powerscourt area

Many thanks. second question: planning a 5 day trip west before meeting family in Kinsale. Want to avoid most of the tourist traps and buses. Do you have any suggestions? Looking at Kinvara as a base and doing Burren, Galway city from there before heading down to west Cork for a few nights (perhaps Schull). Any thoughts, accommodation recommendations etc.

greatly appreciated.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,048 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Powerscourt area

Powerscourt is not far from Bray you can get a bus to Bray and hop on the Dart to Howth or a train to Wexford and along the south coast and return in the same day. Powerscourt and the surrrounding areas are lovely especially if you are a photographer some fantastic scenery and gardens all around that area.

Reply to: Powerscourt area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Enniskerry