We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?

Which Enniskerry hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?

My husband and I are considering a weekend stay at the Powerscourt Hotel before a work conference in Dublin. We do not plan on renting a car, so we are wondering what would be within walking distance (we are avid walkers...) from the hotel? For example, any sight-seeing? (the Falls?) shops or pubs? It is hard ot look at a map and get a sense of how close things are!

Also, if anyone has an idea of how much a cab (or can suggest a reasonabley priced car service) would be from the airport to Powerscourt, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 replies to this topic
Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?

Obviously the grounds at Powerscourt are just beautiful and you could take a gentle stroll around them.

The distance to the waterfall (according to one website) waterfall is about 10 km along roads so this might be doable for you (I reckon it would take you around 5 hours there and back to the hotel). I'm not sure whether there is a dedicated hiking trail to the waterfall and can't seem to able to find one on the internet. Hopefully someone else on this forum will be able to give better details.

I have no idea how much a taxi would cost from the airport to the hotel but I imagine that it would be quite expensive.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?

Nice hotel lovely location, but too far out in the sticks for me.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?

Thanks for your help, Clauds. I'm going to email with the hotel's concierge as well, to see what suggestions they may have.

And lordkimmage, to your point, that is what we are debating about staying there - is it too remote for a weekend stay? But we've already been to Dublin on a previous trip and will have 3 to 4 days there during our business conference as well. We wanted to try something different.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?

Well , I wouldn't mind being pampered in the Powerscourt Hotel. Yes, as Lordkimmage points out, it is a bit far out, but then that is the point of being away.

Solitude, me-time, romance...

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?

If you need a taxi you could try killincarrigcabs@gmail.com sure they could help you out they're based in Greystones

Reply to: What is within Walking Distance of the Powerscourt Hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Enniskerry
More Enniskerry Topics