We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will my kids be bored?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Will my kids be bored?

I have 2 active boys 9 and 6 and we're spending 2-4 days at Powerscourt after staying in Dublin for 4 days. I wanted to get some thoughts regarding is there enough at Powerscourt area to keep my kids occupied? Thank you everyone!

4 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,591 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will my kids be bored?

If you (and they) like hiking (all levels) then they will love it. If you lovethe outdoors - ditto. Also, make sure you take them to Clara Lara Funpark for some good unclean FUN. Also Wicklow Gaol may be another place to take them if they are acting up a bit!

http://www.claralara.com/frames.htm

http://www.wicklowshistoricgaol.com/

Wicklow is an absolutely beautiful county and your 6 and 9 year old should love it. You will have to stay involved with them however, but isn't that half the fun?

Edited: 18 June 2014, 16:10
Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will my kids be bored?

There used to be a ski slope in Kilternan but I don't know if its still open. Its been years since I was there.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 16:22
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will my kids be bored?

Take them with a picnic to Powerscourt Waterfall and try hunting for gold in the river - it's only Fool's Gold, by the way, so it won't pay for your trip! This used to keep us occupied for hours when we were that age...

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will my kids be bored?

If they are bored there is something wrong somewhere, normal active children wilth all their faculties should never be bored. It was not a word I ever heard from my two, in fact, they had more ideas than there were minutes in the day to carry them out. Getting my own back now though, by insisting I sleep out in their tent and that they take me on hikes ;-)

Edited: 18 June 2014, 21:50
Reply to: Will my kids be bored?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Enniskerry
More Enniskerry Topics