We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Seoul
1 post
Save Topic
Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Hello,

I am a honeymooner staying at Maldive from Feb 24th to 28th of next year. We wanted to stay more but due to working schdule we were not able to extend our stay.

Here is the situation I am in.

We were planning to go to ras fushi's Sunset Spa Water Villa for our honeymoon but due to the opening delay. We were relocated to Centara Grand.

With the relocated they have gave us the deluxe water villa. When I talked with the customer service in Bangkok they told me they will give me a room upgrade but seems like that they gave me a water villa instead of Beach villa.

I asked for a room upgrade to luxury sunset but they told me to pay 1200 USD more for my stay.

The question is what is the normal request when you are relocated. It is good that I am relocated to a better resort. However when they told me about the room upgrade and extras, they got my hopes up too high and did not meet my expectations.

Thanks in advance for your help

Tweets

leicestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

You would expect like for like or nxt best thing we were due to stay at centara grand just after opening but due to delay moved to diva now lux n as we had booked most expensive water villas at centara that's what we got at diva although diva tried to put us into normal water villa despite us arguing quick email to agent n moved to deluxe villa n fruit platter for inconvience which centara paid for.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

i would ask for a resort outside the centara chain ... centara grand is in a much better location than ras fushi though .. count your blessings that it wasn't open

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
284 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Centara grand is a lovely resort am sure you won't be disappointed - the Centara chain are very good in relation to customer service and service offer to the guest.

I would expect like for like of moving from resort to another - try emailing the resort and explaining what you expect from them and see if a compromise can be reached.

A lot of people on this form will tell you avoid Centara - but look at the reviews they speak for them self

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
284 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Centara grand is a lovely resort am sure you won't be disappointed - the Centara chain are very good in relation to customer service and service offer to the guest.

I would expect like for like of moving from resort to another - try emailing the resort and explaining what you expect from them and see if a compromise can be reached.

A lot of people on this form will tell you avoid Centara - but look at the reviews they speak for them self

The delux water villas are lovely - we stayed in them - I thought they were in a better location for snorkelling straight from the deck, I also thought they felt abit more private

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Another example to remind everybody not to book a resort until it's open....no matter how good the tempting early offers are.

John

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

This one lee.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Centara Grand is a much better option than

Ras Unfinished Fushi. No rubbish island on the horizon there.

Don't push your luck with rooms or you might end up on Lux!

Edited: 31 December 2012, 21:03
leicestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Xarla what's wrong with lux we stayed in 2009 when diva n had a wonderful time

australia
Level Contributor
553 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

Luxurybargainhunters I went to diva nov 2011 the month before it changed to lux.. It was absolutely fantastic and remains up the top of my list.. Not sure why it gets bagged on here.. If you have never stayed there before..everyone has different tastes.. It was beautiful in my opinion.. Each to their own .. Great island to take small kids.. Facilities were excellent and the lagoon surrounding is breathtaking.. It may lack a house reef so that counts out a certain market. but for those that its not important like me it's perfect:) I did get to snorkel with a whale shark on an excursion from lux.. We really got everything we wanted from that island! Beautiful beach and lagoon which is a major priority for me:). Just before people bag things perhaps they should consider different people's tastes and priorities!

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort Change : Ras Fushi -> Centara Grand

luvofholidays totally agree wiv u. Whilst you do get some invaluable advice on this forum sometimes u have to take some comments with a pinch of salt!

Thank god we are all different in our tastes and priorities as we would struggle to all fit on one island after all!

As the saying goes one mans meat.......

Get answers to your questions about Centara Grand Island