We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara ras fushi

Poole Dorset
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Centara ras fushi

Hi all

I'm scared lol landing on the 17march and expecting to go to centara ras fushi.

I have had similar replies from their customer services as others very vague to say the least, we go twice a year and thought we would give this one a go not knowing about trouble at the opening of the other centara resort.

How much fuss and how much notice will they take if we get there and are not happy

Thanks kim

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
61. Re: Centara ras fushi

CassieFrance, are you happy with centara grand? Do they say anything about ras fushi over there?

Abergavenny, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Centara ras fushi

As anyone been transferred to Angsana Velavaru from Centara Ras Fushi?

We were due to check into Centara Ras Fushi on the 8th March and were first offered the Olluhveli, which we turned down. Our travel agent then came back with an offer of a Sunset IOV at Angsana Velavaru which we accepted.

Edited: 02 March 2013, 14:48
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,374 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Centara ras fushi

i haven't been transfered but have been to velavaru .. very , very good islane .. miles over olhuveli . you made a great choice

Abergavenny, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Centara ras fushi

Thanks Spammie for your reasurance. Do you have any advice/tips for us with regards to Velavaru?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Centara ras fushi

With all the months of speculation now with people who have been to the Maldives and people who "remember" the last Centara thing I think I speak for everyone who may have booked the Centara Ras Fushi that im really looking forward to the first visitor to give an honest review on the standards,service and completion of the resort etc etc.

For the record we have booked and arrive on the 28th April and afterwards I will write an honest review base on the cost,facilities and service included. So that any people who may wish to book can take an opinion from there based on fact not hearsay,but my guess is then the price will be alot more.

Travel Designers(our agents) offered us the chance to look into a move which we declined,in favour of staying with a new resort only time will tell if this was foolish.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
48 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Centara ras fushi

Lee O We are due for the 19th of March I feel exctactly the same way

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Centara ras fushi

Considering Ras Fushi isn't even a 4* resort, is affected by pollution and will not even have been open for a week on March 19, a transfer to Angsana Velavaru - wih in-ocean villas three times the price of Centara - is an extraordinary opportunity, surely?

Stafford, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: Centara ras fushi

We are going to resort on 17th March and due to all the scaremongering, rumours and hearsay we contacted them directly on a number of occasions and received prompt, courteous and informative replies. We have asked a few questions which we thought would help put people's minds at rest and these are listed below:

1) Centara Ras Fushi’s opening date is March 14. Since there are only a few days left until the opening we are facing the final touch-ups now. We would like to make sure that all our guests have the holidays they dreamed of - memorable, unique, enjoyable, the “paradise” feeling and the relaxed island atmosphere.

2) Since we as Centara strive for perfection of our products and services please be assured that we will do our best to satisfy our guests’ needs. As mentioned it might be possible that upon opening not all our restaurants (Arabic Restaurant “Al Khaimah”) will be fully operating. Nonetheless, our guests can enjoy our buffets, Italian and Thai cuisine and if they wish we can arrange Arabian meals for them since we have our Chefs on board already.

3) Concerning your dress code question we can tell you that a smart casual clothing would be appreciated. More precisely this means that men do not necessarily have to wear long trousers (shirts, shorts etc. are fine). If guests feel like getting rid of their shoes, they are welcome to walk around and to dine barefoot. Only swimming wear is forbidden in our restaurants.

4) All Inclusive Package – What does it include?

· Guests will enjoy daily buffet breakfast, daily buffet lunch and daily buffet dinner at Oceans, the resort’s all-day dining restaurant. Service times apply as shown above.

· Mid-morning service

· Open bar service available daily from 11:00 until 23:00 hrs at the resort’s 3 bars - with the exception of Waves Pool Bar where beverages are served from 10:00 until 18:00 hrs. Beverages comprise all house pouring brands, wines (red, white, and sparkling), draught beer, spirits, and cocktails of the day, as well as still water, soft drinks, filter coffee and tea selection, coffee and juices.

· Afternoon tea with pastries and sandwiches together with a selection of tea and filter coffee served from 15:30 to 16:30 hrs.

· Sundowners Canapés selection: flavourful tapas and canapés are served between 18:30 hrs and 19:30 hrs.

· Dine Around – our gift to you*

· Our guests are offered the opportunity to enjoy either lunch or dinner by prior reservation in either Suan Bua Thai Speciality Restaurant or at La Brezza, our Italian & Seafood Speciality Restaurant, with a meal allowance (credit) value of up to USD 40 guest to redeem against either the restaurants’ a la carte menu or the daily ‘Chef’s Choice’ three course menu. The latter is also available for dinner at Al Khaimah (subject to timings and advance reservation is required to avoid disappointment. Al Khaimah will open in the course of the first quarter of 2013). Reservation must be made in advance and confirmation will be subject to restaurant availability. Meal allowance cannot be reimbursed or exchanged and residual value expires at the end of the meal.

5) In-villa dining and in-villa mini bar and snacks are not included in the All-Inclusive Package entitlement and will be charged per consumption.

6) Beach towels, shampoo and shower gel will be provided by us.

We cannot guarantee the above but this is what we have received and I think you will agree it all looks very positive. We are really looking forward to going and staying in a brand new resort and will put an honest review on when we get back. Hope everyone who goes has a wonderful time.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Centara ras fushi

Xarla I wouldnt criticise anybodys choice to change or where they change to as if it suits their needs/requirements and they are happy then thats great. I hope you enjoy Angsana Velavaru and have a great holiday.

I just feel speculation has gone on long enough and only time will tell if people who do visit are happy with the package if you get changed to a better resort for free then that is fantastic for yourself.

Im just interested in facts with the resort now from a selfish point of view as im actually going, and if like alot of the posts suggest it is chaos when I go I can assure people that I wont be there long.

Speaking from experience I can see the first review not being without its problems but also not the monster the posters have whipped it up to be.

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: Centara ras fushi

all inc without mini bar and snacks included, I feel ripped!!!! Obviously when you in villa you want to have a drink without going out, so then you have to pay for it?! I have never had that before in all my all inc!!!

Get answers to your questions about Centara Grand Island