We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

Which Doolin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

If you're going to Doolin, the walking tour from Fisher Street to the Cliffs of Moher, led by local Pat Sweeney, is not to be missed! The views are absolutely breathtaking and Pat's tour will provide a wealth of information. Visit his website doolincliffwalk.com and make a reservation. You won't regret it!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
159 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

Thanks a mill , shall be checking him out!

El Paso, TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

how long is the walk and how strenuous is it? Could someone using a walker do it?

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

The walk is very strenuous and there is no way that someone with a walker could do it.

Quite a lot of the walk is over uneven terrain and also, there is a long enough walk uphill from Doolin before the start of the trail.

Have a look at this thread where I gave my thoughts after doing the walk:-)

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186595-i1766-k6587…

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

I totally agree with you bannergirl. I did the walk with Pat Sweeney earlier this month. It was an amazing unforgettable experience but it was more strenuous than I expected and I struggled in a few places. You do need a certain level of fitness . There was also a small area where the narrow path was almost at the edge of the cliff where he actually guided me by hand and I couldnt look down.......still a highlight of our trip !!

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
740 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

On the other current forum query relative to this topic, I posed the following. Hoping here or there to get some answers if possible:

"Lots of helpful information presented in this discussion I tried to discover if the (Sweeney) guided walk suggested is available in November but haven't yet found an answer. Must it be reserved well in advance, anyone know the cost, and is it even an option so far beyond the traditional higher season? The associated site I found offered very little by way of these questions."

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

The cost for the walk with Pat Sweeney is 5 Euros and you meet in front of O'connors pub at 10 am each morning. Not sure if it runs in November but his phone # is (086) 8229913

Hope this helps

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
740 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

Thanks for that, sooze. Great price. I can call to determine to if he's operating in November, when nearing the vicinity. That is unless someone else already knows then answer.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 19:54
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

Hi preglad, I would think that a lot would depend on the weather on the particular day, as it would be quite dangerous in bad weather.

I think that your idea to ring Pat when you are in Ireland is definitely your best option.

When we did the walk, we did it ourselves, but I might do it again with Pat for the extra bits of information he gives.

9. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 14:05
10. Re: Pat Sweeney's Cliff Walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 06:20