We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

Hi

Spending 3 days in Doolin and our plan is to see the burren, cliffs of moher and a day trip to aran island. Hopefully 3 days is enough!

Anyone go on a guided walk to the Burren/cliffs of Moher? and can recommended a tour guide that does not cost a fortune? We are not hikers by any means a 3 hrs walk would be just fine!.

I would be interested to hear from others experiences so as to help with our planning.

Cheers in advance

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

Doolin to Ros a Mhil, 2 hours if not more. You will have to go through Galway city and neither road from Doolin to Galway or Galway to Ros a Mhil are particularly good. ( I've never heard of the tide being a big issue)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,877 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

Is Galway just a flag of Convenience? Dok.. Anyone used to driving in the UK will find Irish driving a pleasure..

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

If I were going from Galway to Rosa Mhíl, I'd go the "Bóthar Cois Fharraige" the sea road through Spideál and back, can't say I think it's a bad road at all.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

Just not speaking with rose tinted glasses Tony.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

That was a bit crass of me. Just don't think a lot of the condition of either road. The scenery is exceptional but the road surface aint.

16. Re: Doolin. The burren, clifs of moher and Aran island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 01:18