We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are a group of 4 renting a car for transport to Gjesvaer

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
We are a group of 4 renting a car for transport to Gjesvaer

Two of us are going on the BirdSafari tour on June 23, while the other two do not want to go on the boat. Can you advise what they might enjoy doing while we are on the 2 hour bird tour? We arrive in Honningsvag at 8 am, and we are supposed to arrive for the BirdSafari tour at 9:30 am. Will that give us enough time to arrive promptly? We will have the car until around 4 pm- how far is the North Cape from Gjesvaer? Will we have enough time to be able to drive there after the BirdSafari is completed (should be back on land by noon) and get back to the cruise ship by 4 pm? Thank you for any help or advice you can give- I am of Norwegian heritage (my maiden name is Wanvig) and this will be my first trip to Norway. I am so very excited to have the opportunity to see the land of my ancestors!

2 replies to this topic
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are a group of 4 renting a car for transport to Gjesvaer

Honningsvåg - Gjesvær 35 km, Gjesvær - Nordkapp 40 km, Nordkapp - Honningsvåg 34 km.

So, I guess you will have plenty of time, and if you like to have a short walk too, you should stop in Skarsvåg and walk over the hill to the church gate - Kirkeporten.

Here do you have the route - https://goo.gl/maps/79lX9

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are a group of 4 renting a car for transport to Gjesvaer

Thank you so much Gunnar! :)

Reply to: We are a group of 4 renting a car for transport to Gjesvaer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gjesvaer