We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

Which El Cuco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

How can I get from San Salvador to Playa el Cuco? Is it recommendet to take a taxi from San Salvador? Thanks in advance for a reply.

10 replies to this topic
San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

Hello Ulf! Thinking about the coast in the east? It is a great area, the best thing to do will be to get a private transfer which it would be almost the same as a taxi with the only difference you can trust somebody choice in order to provide you a driver. You can go by bus frist to San Miguel and then to El Cuco but it is not the best choice and sometimes honestly not safe. El Cuco has nice hostels and the beach there is amazing. I hope you have a wonderful time in your second country. Give my bests to Henrik.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

Thanks Julio for your reply. We have not yet decided if we will go to Playa El Cuco but we hope to. Henrik will go to El Salvador el 17 de mayo and stay there until June 23. He will get married in Suchitoto. I will come to the wedding and stay in El Salvador for three weeks. Henrik will get in touch with you.

San Miguel, El...
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

There is a hotel in Playa El Cuco called Vista Las oLas Resort www.vistalasolas.com

San Salvador, El...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

We can help with the planning any tour you may need. Since your famlily will be here until June 23rd, we can arrange anything you need. We are based in San Salvador. We are on facebook as Maya Tours. Please let me know any need you may have.

San Miguel, El...
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

Take a look Vista Las Olas Surf Resort in Playa Las Flores, el Cuco.

www.vistalasolas.com

El Cuco, El Salvador
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

Next time you visit come stay with us at Atlakamani.com we will collect & return you to the airport. :)

SPS
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

The best way is always with taxi or private transportation, if not by public buses is complicated, you have to change buses, if you don't speak spanish could be worst. for places to stay here are a few website with good information http://www.elsalvadortravelnetwork.com also for people interested in surf here is a surf travel website that help you connect with different services, http://www.elsalvadorsurfcamps.com

San Miguel, El...
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

Better to take a private car !!!

San Miguel, El...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

We have all that information on the getting here page of our website at La Tortuga Verde. The quick details would be to take a taxi or bus to the Terminal Oriente - Eastern Terminal in San Salvador, hop on the "Especial" bus that has A/C and costs around $4-5 to San Miguel. In the San Miguel terminal (there is only one) you can take a bus to El Cuco easy. If you wanted to continue on there are taxis in town and there is a free taxi to us (La Tortuga Verde) if you ask around in El Cuco. Good luck, hope this helps!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco

I found it easy to do last month...on the bus...the smaller faster buses are a-c to la libertad...then old buses to san miguel...transfer there to el cuco

Reply to: San Salvador to Playa El Cuco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Cuco