We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Turin Airport to Serre Chevalier on 28th Dec

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Turin Airport to Serre Chevalier on 28th Dec

Can anyone help? I have found a private transfer for £210 but obviously don't want to pay that much! I would arrive at around 6pm at the airport.... I am happy to get trains/buses/coaches but have no idea of the most cost effective way of doing it, or if it's even possible on that date. Any advice would be greatly received!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,221 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Turin Airport to Serre Chevalier on 28th Dec

Italian train timetables change in mid-December, and are usually very late being confirmed, sometimes into December. So no-one can say, yet.

On current times you couldn't manage this with a 6 pm arrival. You'd have to get a train at 6.45 pm from Torino Porta Nuova station to get to Oulx in time for the last bus to Briancon. And the bus from the airport to Port Nuova takes 40 minutes.

Pity though, as the total fare to Briancon by public transport is less than €25. You could, of course, spend some of the £210 on a hotel and night out in beautiful Turin, travel slowly but cheaply the day after, and still have change to spend on the slopes.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Turin Airport to Serre Chevalier on 28th Dec

Thank you so much for your response. I thought it was going to be a difficult task!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Turin Airport to Serre Chevalier on 28th Dec

I have used the train to Oulx several times. Easy and italian rail fares are much cheaper than ours. Just don't forget to punch your ticket in the machine at the entrance to the platform.. If you are returing the same way. don't buy your ticket until you get to Oulx as it is dearer if you buy it in France. The bus is usually waiting outside the station at Oulx for the train to arrive.

4. Re: Getting from Turin Airport to Serre Chevalier on 28th Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Briancon