we just decided to make our first trip to the Redwood National Forest area, and after reading some of the forum posts, I realize how much I DON"T KNOW about the area and the possibilities offered, and am confused to the point that I don't know where to start.
Would appreciate any and all suggestions, including lodging. We realize this is a late start to planning so we may be limited as to nice, quaint places to stay. Would like to avoid chain hotels when possible.
1) Time of travel will be late June into early July this year. Right now we are thinking around June 26 or 27 until July 4 or 5, about 7 to 9 days.
4) Thought we would explore from around Crescent City vicinity down to Eureka area, but that is based on lack of knowledge so please suggest areas for exploration. Beautiful coastal areas also of interest
5) Our activity interests are varied, and although we are not athletes, we are reasonably fit
6) Interested in all types of spectacular scenery. Will be bringing lots of photography equipment
7) Relatively relaxed trip. Want this to be a restorative break from our busy lives, and quality time as a family.
8) Not concerned about budget
Appreciate all suggestions, from general information to day by day itineraries! Thanks so much for your time and assistance!