We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket closest to Rum Point

Osprey, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket closest to Rum Point

Can anyone tell me where the nearest fully stocked supermarket is going to Rum Point? We fly into GC in the afternoon and rented a home in Rum Point but I cannot find a store closer than Bodden town. Thanks!

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket closest to Rum Point

The Fosters on the East End is the closest to Rum Point, but a) it is 12 miles out of your way to Rum Point from the airport, and b) it is a small market with a limited selection of fruit, vegetables, meat and fish.

Personally I would hit either the Airport Fosters, the Savannah Fosters, or the Hurley's in Grand Harbour. All three are full-sized supermarkets. That's what we do on our way to the East End.

Kansas
Level Contributor
580 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket closest to Rum Point

As p59teitel stated, great grocery options just have to plan ahead when staying at Rum Point. On our last visit, since a family member was recovering from major surgery, I wanted to simplify everything as much as possible. I hired Cayman Shoppers to purchase all groceries for us. When we arrived at our condo on Rum Point, everything I requested was put away and we were ready to open a chilled beverage and walk out the door to the beach. It was well worth $65 for us and I will definitely utilize their services again! This would be particularly helpful if arriving late Saturday, when stores are very busy or on Sunday when grocery stores are closed. Enjoy!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket closest to Rum Point

We usually stop at Fosters in Savannah at countryside shopping center. It's a little less busy there but a large supermarket. There is also a liquor store in the center.

4. Re: Supermarket closest to Rum Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about North Side
More North Side Topics