We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village/Taverna's

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Village/Taverna's

I understand Megali Ammos (Skiathos) is near Skiathos town. Are there enough taverna's in Megali Ammos without having to go into Skiathos town? Mum has walking difficulties, so if we could eat in Megali Ammos most nights, that would be preferable.

Thanks.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 16:14
5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
715 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Village/Taverna's

I would say about 10 -12 all along the beach edge. 2 supermarkets on the main road. There is the bus into town plus I would imagine it would be quite cheap for a taxi.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village/Taverna's

There are several Tavernas along the beach, which are accessable from the road behind the beach. If your Mum has trouble walking, you could get a taxi down to the harbour and there are many tavernas on the front and it is very flat.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,749 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Village/Taverna's

Yes, there are certainly enough tavernas in Megali Ammos itself, the vast majority immediately behind the beach.

Any way out is up a hill including the main part of Skiathos town, and even to the main road looping behind along which the bus goes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Village/Taverna's

Great, many thanks.

How far is it to walk to the Harbour?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,749 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Village/Taverna's

It's about ½ mi or roughly 15 min walk over the hill to the harbours depending on where exactly in Megali Ammos you stay, and whether you get lost in the old town....or stop to avail yourself of the rehydration facilities.

Reply to: Village/Taverna's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Megali Ammos
Recent Conversations