We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Lower Sackville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Hello to all past and upcoming Marea Visitors?

If anyone has stayed at the Farallon recently could you please answer the following questions?

I cannot find anywhere what is included in the Superior Room package. We apparently are booked in the Farallon which is our preference. However; is that all we get is the choice of location? For the extra do we get the VIP package? Can you get the VIP package if you book at the Farallon or is it just the Cabanas which have the VIP option? Is there still a repeat guest supper or is this what they call the Gala Supper?

We leave in one month and would like to have answers to the above.

Thanks;

One4Cuba

Eastern Passage...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

In order to get the VIP bonus you need to book "room upgrade superior VIP bonus". All the Superior option does (which is more expensive - doesn't make sense) gives you a room at the Farallon. I had my CAA travel agent (Burnside, Dartmouth) contact SunWing to confirm this. The hotel is fully booked for the week we are going, so they can't guarantee we will get a Cabana, so they might put us in the Farallon for the VIP upgrade price!

We are travelling there from Toronto on Feb 19 for one week. When are you going?

Swamp

Eastern Passage NS

Montreal
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

We are going in March and have the same question. Sunwing gives you the optionof both VIP Superior and VIP Cabanas for the same price, we booked VIP Superior and were told is Farallon with VIP. We would also liked it confirmed by somebody who actualy went there. If you are coming back before March 2nd could you please let us know if this is correct... that what Sunwing sells here is what actualy you get there and that they do make a distinction between VIP Superior and VIP Cabana. Thanks,

Region of Waterloo...
Level Contributor
36 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

You can upgrade two ways:

Superior, which is at the Farallon, and cabanas, which is at the Marea, but separate from the main hotel.

You can find more on this if you visit Debbie's site, both in the reviews and forum sections.

I agree that Sunwing could clarify this better.

Apparently with the VIP upgrade (both superior and cabanas) a sunset cruise and three trips over to Cayo Blnaco are included. What all else you get is beyond me. I've read about this dinner, but can't honestly say what it's all about.

Cheers!

Eastern Passage...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

That might explain why we were told that they did not have any Cabana's available Feb 19-26, because we booked HOTEL ROOM UPGRADED TO VIP SUPERIOR ROOM. When our CAA agent called SunWing that is what they booked us in. I guess SunWing was not 100% correct in their description of what we will get. Oh well, as long as we have a good trip, that is all that counts.

Cheers!

Swamp :)

Lower Sackville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Hello all:

Thanks for your replys. I will speak with our agent again and if I hear more I will let you know via this forum. Also if more recent returnees are reading this, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Again; thanks

One4Cuba

owen sound
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Hi All

With the VIP you well get a lobster lunch at cayo blanco for us it was on a saturday. You also get a bottle of rum and red wine in your room the day after you get there. They will stock your fridge once with two beer two pop and two water.

We stayed at the Marea and got the repeat guest supper on the Wednesday before coming home it was a surf and turf

Any more questions I'll try to answer for you as we just got back on Jan.29

Eastern Passage...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Are you describing what you get in the Cabana or Farallon room?

Lower Sackville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Hello again;

I spoke with our agent, Crystal with Selloffvacations.com in Bedford NS and she went through the exercise of getting us the VIP/Superior room included for us and we now have this stated on our e-ticket. I think someone said this before but for a reminder; if VIP/Cabana or VIP/Superior is not on your e-ticket you will not get it.

Swampbottomgurl; you must be getting excited with only four days to go!!! have fun.

Ancaster Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Returned from the Farillon on Feb 5th We had the VIP Superior Room at the Farillon. It also included the rental of the safe in the room, otherwise it was one CUC/day. The gala dinner is at Cayo Blanco and the repeat guest dinner is at the hotel.

Even if you don't get the VIP package, the Farillon is a great place. If you want to relax, you will not want to go to Cayo Blanco, three times and the Sunset Cruise is not too expensive to purchase on its own. The horse and buggy ride is a great way to get away from the hotel and see the country and meet the people.

I know that the hotel is booked til April. If you want to avoid line ups at meal time, arrive early.

Enjoy!

Region of Waterloo...
Level Contributor
36 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clarification on the "Superior Room" package

Thanks for keeping this fresh!

one4cuba - thanks for the tip on checking our tickets. The agent mailed them out last week, so they should be at the house today. I will check to ensure all we paid for is "in writing".

You started the thread staing you were leaving in a month... we leave on the 26th, perhaps we'll see you there!

AncasterOntarioSlick - I agree that three trips to Cayo Blanco might be too much (though I am just speculating). The VIP package is so highly recommended (both here and over at Debbies) that we just had to take it. When we booked, it was a steal, too! :-)

SwampBottomGurl - TWO MORE SLEEPS!! You must be anxious as hell!!

Well, let's hope people keep these threads going as they return with any new info... and don't forget your reviews!

Hola!!

Get answers to your questions about Guantanamo Province