We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

I have seen lots of reviews about kids staying at this resort.

The latest review has been made by someone who took their 16 year old son. A 16 year old is a child.

Some of the reviews are really starting to bug me. I am going there for my honeymoon and really don't want to see kids at the hotel! I don't hate them or anything but its my honeymoon!

If the hotel is no longer adult only, it shouldn't be advertised as one.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,815 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

Sometimes the PRDO is the resort that receives diplomatic guests. Remember last year there were several younger children there during the period when a neighbouring head of state was having some medical treatments in Havana? Sometimes it’s not up to the staff – even management.

(Interesting name change nramsay.)

Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

The latest review was made by someone who took her 16 year old son. He/she stated this in their review,

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

The resort is large. Often other than at meals, even full you wonder where all the people are. The service is what you are also paying for and it is wonderful. If you want 100% guarantee (Like you were allergic to kids kind of guarantee) book the Royal Service area or the villas.

We have been going for 3 years now and have yet to see anyone under the age of 20...... grant it a few really immature adults ....yes and oddly they tend to gather around the pool watering hole if they are to be found.......lol

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

"Mistakes shouldn't be allowed to be made"

he he...very difficult to legislate against mistakes! ie to make them "not allowed"

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

No one is saying legislate. Have the hotel do their do dilligence and check passports for age. If they are underage move them to another sister property. As I said I don't know about the UK but from Alberta we pay a pretty handsome price for the adults only resorts. We will not likely return for this reason.

Cheers

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

yes. was commenting on the concept of not allowing mistakes.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

Geesh! I am in total agreement with the poster:Stacey146,I love Kids..I miss Kids, when I am away..lol.. but She is perfectly right in what she is saying..She has paid her hard earned money, to go away, (On her Honeymoon),,to an "Adults Only Resort."There should be No If, But, or Maybe..And just because it is Cuba, should in no way make a difference..She could have paid to go to another Destination, such as a Sandals,ST.Lucia, or Jamaica.. or whatever..But she did Not..She chose Cuba..In No way, should she even be worrying about this issue..It is unfair to say kids are Ok, and maybe well behaved..That is nither here or there,,lol.The point She is Making is: Is this place an adult only resort or Not???..Make it Clear..So she can, perhaps, make other arrangements..If not too late..Good luck Stacy..I wish you well!

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

OK Yes the PRDO is an adults only complex. However if somebody was getting married and they had family staying else where because they had children, they would be allowed those family members including children to attend the wedding ..obviously for a charged day pass. The wedding couple are told that if this is the case the children MUST at ALL times be kept under strict supervision. Throughout our 3 times we have stayed at the PRDO we have never wittnessed any children on the complex at all, including any 16 year olds. This just isn't the type of place anybody truely would really want to take a 16 year old anyway IMHO.

So no matter which hotel you go to in Cuba, adult only or not does not mean you can always fully escape the sound of children.

What you do need to be forewarned about though, if you feel so strongly about children being seen on your honeymoon, is please remember ALL beaches within Cuba are public. Nobody can stop anybody from entering a beach, because they belong to the people of Cuba,not the hotel chain etc., So when you go the PRDO and go to the beach (Royal service beach included), you will at some point see a handful of Cuban familes and their children playing and enjoying the waters and beach. I say though that this is where we sun bathe and the familes that have been on the beach have been quiet and respectful. If the school holidays are on it can be daily, otherwise if the childrn are at school this tends to happen at a weekend. Also clients from the Sol including their children do come up to the main beach area because that is where the best snorkelling is, but they are not allowed on the complex itself, same as ther Cuban familes.

Edited: 01 August 2012, 08:07
Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

Thats weird lol I just edited my post to include

"So no matter which hotel you go to in Cuba, adult only or not does not mean you can always fully escape the sound of children."

to appear at the end of my posting and its ended up in the middle lol ...I see the computer devils at work again lol, or could it be I need some window washers on my contact lenses :S

Edited: 01 August 2012, 08:10
Sarnia, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Is PRDO a adult only hotel or not?

In Cuba, a 16 year old is legally considered an adult.

Get answers to your questions about Holguin Province