We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Stafford, Great...
Level Contributor
138 posts
623 reviews
Save Topic
Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Has anyone ever stayed in the Islazul Hotel Niquero in the small town of Cueto? It is a two star property in the town centre, and sadly has no Tripadvisor reviews yet.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
17,870 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Are you sure of that. I cannot see it on the Islazul website, nor on Cubaism, which has more hotels listed than anywhere I have seen.

(They both list a hotel in Niquero called the Hotel Niquero, but not one in Cueto).

I guess that I must have passed through Cueto some years ago but don't recall anything about it.

Edited: 18 January 2014, 22:55
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

I can not find anything either. As poster #1 points out, Islazul Hotel Niquero is located in Granma Province.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Pity Gordon isn't around. He would know the answer for sure.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

He'll be back bellagio. Don't worry! I wonder though, if he has been to Cueto, Holguin.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
17,870 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

If thre is a hotel there, it is probably similar to other Islazul hotels across the country. I have stayed in the Hotel Moron, The Hotel Pernik in Holguin and the Hotel Guantanamo, and eaten in the hotel in Moa. All were quite similar.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 00:47
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Searched for it on the web and found it on www.hotelscombined.ch

Stafford, Great...
Level Contributor
138 posts
623 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Thanks for the comments. I found it mentioned in www.hotelscombined.com, for the UK market, and other hotel booking sites. It lists an address in the centre of Cueto, and a price of just £14 per night and with 26 room. I also saw the place with the same name in Granma province.

I have just spoken to a friend in Holguin, who is from Cueto, and they confirmed that there is no hotel at all in the town, just one small restaurant. An old person remembered a hotel at this site that burned down years ago and has never been rebuilt.

Therefore, I conclude (unless corrected by someone on Tripadvisor, that the Hotel Niquero in Cueto is a phantom... the only hotel of that name is in Granma provice.

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

I spent most of a day photographing in Cueto two months ago and walked by where it must be from the map but do not remember anything about it. I am curious why anyone would be staying in Cueto who would ask about the quality of a hotel. I found Cueto unremarkable and I am the one who thrives on places with zero tourists and zero tourist things.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Hi William, taking a break from the M-H forum? You've probably been to Cuba many times; we just returned from a month long trip, doing the casa to casa, or as my friend calls "free run". Our 13th in 7 yrs-love it more all the time.Looking at returning soon, first to Matanzas where we would stay with a good friend, not 'fren'-lol.

Miss the ol' warrior but was frustrated with the crassness of some posters there.

Enjoy your trip,

mishkamo

Stafford, Great...
Level Contributor
138 posts
623 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Islazul Hotel Niquero, Cueto, Holguin province

Thanks; I was hoping to book a couple of days there to qualify for the Tourist Card, as I wish to visit some people there. I know it is just an ordinary town... where a visitor can encounter Cubans without the pressures of a tourist destination.