We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enjoy your holidays but be careful

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
enjoy your holidays but be careful

thestar.com/news/immigration/2013/02/07/marr…

It's not just Cuba, its the D.R etc too.

This is an all to familiar story. I hear this all the time.....

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k612072…

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

Thanks Mad... I rarely go on the Cuba forums so I didn't see it. Thank you for the link to see the replies. Since I am a DE for this forum, that's why I put the link here when I read it this morning when I logged on.

I can't wait for the flack ...lol

I just heard about 2 more divorces with regards to people from our location. I also know of a similar case in the summer with regards to a fellow from Punta de Ganado. He left 3 days after he got to Toronto and went to Miami under the Cuban Readjustment Law. He left his wife high and dry. She was heart broken.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

Thanks actually, i hadn't seen the video. It explains so much.

Gatineau, Québec
Level Contributor
308 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

CB, You won't be getting flack from me :-) I was just thinking that this would be something to post here when I saw it.

Remember: Enjoy your vacation, don't forget your comon sense when you leave Canada and don't forget your heart, when leaving Cuba to come back home.

R.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

Thanks for posting this Mrs. CB! Very interesting!

Here is an idea I saw on another forum and find it very nice:

We could print the article, bring a few copies to Cuba and tape it to the mirror in the bathroom by the pool at Mayanabo!

Hihihi!!!

Edited: 07 February 2013, 20:26
London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

LOL.....in French and English ;-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

LOL!! Of course CB! I can translate it!! :-)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

As the saying goes..."keep the angels in paradise". Just far too much risk for one to consider bringing them home and believing that their love is eternal. Heck, even domestically born romances and marriages only stand about a 50% chance of long-term success. Bringing your Cuban lover to Canada is really upping the degree of difficulty to the point of ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with falling in love ~ just keep your love in Cuba. Spoil the be-dickens out of them too if you feel they deserve it, but if the relationship later ends ~ no harm, no foul. You can always cherish the memories and still afford to eat when you get home.

Terry

9. Re: enjoy your holidays but be careful

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey Province