We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Sandbanks

Toronto
11 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Sandbanks

I am planning a day trip to Sandbanks Provincial Park this Saturday.

Which beach should I go to? I have kids. They love sand (who doesn't!). Any recommendations? Flush toilets would be a plus!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Sandbanks

If you want flush toilets, you'll have to go to Dunes Beach or Outlet Beach. The other two day use beach areas do not have flush.

ontarioparks.com/english/sand-facilities.html

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Sandbanks

Personally I like the Dunes Beach best because it's not like every other beach, it has high sand dunes you can climb around on that descent steeply to the water, but it's still certainly useable as a beach.

However if you're just looking for a conventional beach with a long, flat expanse of sand and shallow water a good ways out then go to Outlet Beach.

See descriptions here, friendsofsandbanks.org/site/…

Toronto
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Sandbanks

Can I pitch a day tent at Dunes beach? Is the sand white? How bout doing some BBQ?

Oh, can we swim there safely?

Edited: 25 June 2013, 18:18
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Sandbanks

if you look at the Friends of Sandbanks link Tweedwolf provided above, you will see photos of all the beaches, as well as a FAQ section, and other sections on Amenities, things to do, etc.

Barbques are in the group picnic shelter.

5. Re: Day trip to Sandbanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2015, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward County