We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

Colorado
Level Contributor
250 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

Hi , I am looking for a four day "package" where my husband and I can stay and he can get discounted golf on the Kohala coast....I could not get my questions answered online for the Mauna Lani Resort...the Hilton Wailola Village had an unlimited golf package, but was impossible to book online (they say rate is based on # of golfers per room, but nowhere to tell # of golfers per room --I don't golf)....any other suggestions?...already done the VRBO and TA sites....thanks, Ana

Paradise, California
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

Call their 800 numbers and ask them.

Central California
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

Depends how much you are going to golf. We go for a week and Golf 36 holes a day so we buy the Golf Hawaii Card (Google it). It costs $60 but gives steep discounts and unlimited golf. If you are only going to golf twice, th card isn't worth it. The Waikoloa Beach and Kings course complex offers 2 and 3 day packages at good discount. Again Google and or call them. Basically I would book room and golf separately rather then look for a package.

3. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2012, 21:35
Colorado
Level Contributor
250 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

my husband ended up making several golf bookings at very good prices through a website called "golf now" including Big island Country Club, Kona Country club (he played both courses at Kona CC, did not like the mountain course)..he also found that many places let him play a second round on the same day at a further discount...he played the North course at Mauna Lani in the morning for $165 (our price because we stayed in the resort--think it's more expensive otherwise), then they let him play the South Course that same afternoon for $75...he rented clubs for the whole two weeks from Kona Golf in Kona for $15/day...he said they weren't the greatest clubs, but adequate enough....sorry, that's all I know about the golf stuff.....Ana

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

The "Big Island Country Club" is no more, closed its gates. Another Brian Anderson venture going belly up. I hope what I heard is not true: there is supposedly a buyer for it and it's going to be a cattle ranch!

Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

TT,

Any chance you mean waimea cc?

BICC is still open according to the people the answer the phones.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
28,396 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

I saw people playing at Waimea CC a few days ago. I hope they're not closed, I just bought a house nearby and planned on it being my home course!

They both have certainly struggled over the years tho.

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

I can't imagine being able to raise cattle at BICC. There is no water there.

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

According to Pacific Business News....

Honolulu businessman D.G. "Andy" Anderson has closed the Waimea Country Club, seven years after buying the 18-hole golf course on the Big Island in a foreclosure auction.

The Hawaii Tribune Herald reports the par-72 course closed down operations on June 25, and laid off right full-time and two part-time employees.

The newspaper reports Anderson, who paid between $2.5 million and $3 million for the 239-acre club in 2005, said that while the land is not on the market, but the family is negotiating with a potential buyer who wants to use the land "for a small unique cattle ranch."

Anderson closed his iconic John Dominis restaurant in Honolulu in November 2010 after 30 years in business.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
28,396 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort and Golf on kohala Coast

Arg, that's terrible news. I liked that course! :-(